Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2010 Street Glide Trike

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 01:06 PM
crow49
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the Harley dealership today and found out that the same bracket will fit on the tg as sg . That bracket is not welded on the guard. Harley does sell the bracket, so I ordered one and hopefully next weekend I'll have my engine guard on and I can my highway pews on and get my legs up so I can be more comfortable.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:39 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by crow49
I went to the Harley dealership today and found out that the same bracket will fit on the tg as sg . That bracket is not welded on the guard. Harley does sell the bracket, so I ordered one and hopefully next weekend I'll have my engine guard on and I can my highway pews on and get my legs up so I can be more comfortable.

The bracket part number should have been 83865-09, I just got back from looking at the parts book at my dads place. You should be able to re-use the locknut and washer from your old mount to bolt the stabilizer up to the new mount.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:09 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just took a closer look at my TG the bracket for the guard is not welded but curves over the bar. Sorry about that at first glance looked like it was part of the bar my eyes sight stinks . The SG bracket is straight no curve to hold the bar.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:13 AM
crow49
Intermediate

I think that because of the SG Trike being a stripped down version of the TG the bracket was made different. I don't understand why when I talked to service they had not a clue on what will fit to make that work, not even parts had a clue until I went in and opened the parts manual. We trikers are going to have a bad way to go with Harley service I can see it coming. I'm happy now and will have an engine guard on by the weekend.

Crow

Old 09-28-2009, 12:16 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

I don't understand why when I talked to service they had not a clue on what will fit to make that work, not even parts had a clue until I went in and opened the parts manual. We trikers are going to have a bad way to go with Harley service I can see it coming. I'm happy now and will have an engine guard on by the weekend.
One of the reasons I do my own work. The dealer only gets it for warranty work and that the extent of it.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:53 PM
fontana1205
Cruiser

besides your question, hows the bike? Is it your first trike?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:21 AM
crow49
Intermediate

I do most of my cosmetic work to. The only thing Harley does is warranty work and since it was new I bought 6 mos of oil changes. After that I will be doing my own changes and by that time my leg will be a little better so I can lay down to change the oil.

For the guy that ask if this is my first trike the answer is yes. I always wanted a trike but I loved two wheels and Harleys most of my life. When I had surgery on my knee I thought it was time to try out the trike and I guess timing was on my side Harley came out with a trike of my liking. The stripped down version of the Tri Glide was great now I can make it my own and put stuff on that I like and still feel the freedom.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:32 PM
tinsmith
Intermediate
Default Damper

Hi
if you haven't figured it out yet, take the damper off the bike and throw it away. You don't need it, it steers much better without it.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:37 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i put the black engine guard on wifes street glide and used the original bracket with a little modification to it.i should have bought the mustache guard as it doubles as highway pegs. imo removing the damper is a very bad idea,

Old 09-10-2010, 08:41 PM
kjtoys
Cruiser
Default engine guard

I put a linby bar on my 10 model street glide trike with no problem at all. Bolted right up.

Quick Reply: 2010 Street Glide Trike