Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Fullsac vs Jackpot Tri Glide Head pipes

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Just to be fair and since this is a Fullsac comparison to Jackpot X pipe thread...

These two pipes are not the same, not built the same nor handle the rider heat the same but they both preform very well for TQ and HP increase.

The pipe materials are different, the collector is made differently as well as the construction of the pipe and the addition or lack of material coating if you need the coating.

Politically correctness seems to be the "in" thing these days and I think we all try to influence new purchasers with their decisions without influencing them. (I could get tongue tied trying to say that fast) It's a fine line we tend to walk.

We all use very similar equipment to get our similar end result but the end result has to be to our personal taste and preference. The bottom line is to be happy with your decision after the purchase and installation.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:44 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aftermarket

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Just to be fair and since this is a Fullsac comparison to Jackpot X pipe thread...

These two pipes are not the same, not built the same nor handle the rider heat the same but they both preform very well for TQ and HP increase.

The pipe materials are different, the collector is made differently as well as the construction of the pipe and the addition or lack of material coating if you need the coating.

Politically correctness seems to be the "in" thing these days and I think we all try to influence new purchasers with their decisions without influencing them. (I could get tongue tied trying to say that fast) It's a fine line we tend to walk.

We all use very similar equipment to get our similar end result but the end result has to be to our personal taste and preference. The bottom line is to be happy with your decision after the purchase and installation.

Well said and it's gonna be a big tent after the next round of EPA standards roll out. We had a backlog and some wait time early on for the stainless pipes. I believe there will be room for everybody and then some, competition is healthy and we need em all in the game to help work around the EPA.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:17 AM
DaveLaBenne
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot for the info! I understand the need for being politically correct. It is a very litigious world out there. I see so many different setups in the signatures, so it really is a personal choice. Some may have been timing/availability which is understandable. I have a few weeks yet to make my mind up

Old 04-23-2011, 06:20 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Well said and it's gonna be a big tent after the next round of EPA standards roll out. We had a backlog and some wait time early on for the stainless pipes. I believe there will be room for everybody and then some, competition is healthy and we need em all in the game to help work around the EPA.
We also need competition to keep the prices in line, nothing better than that. It also helps those folks that are FRUGAL.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:11 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Cheap Cult

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
We also need competition to keep the prices in line, nothing better than that. It also helps those folks that are FRUGAL.
Very perceptive and good at reading between the lines, the price thing did cross my mind.

In an era of $4.00 a gallon gas and bikes that cost as much as loaded up pickup trucks, I think I am gathering a cult following! We are always looking for the deal!

Old 04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Well said and it's gonna be a big tent after the next round of EPA standards roll out.
Big tent? Please explain.
Thanks

Old 04-23-2011, 01:23 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Talking to Jamie and the great support he gave me was a decision maker for me but that could have been just me. You can download tons of maps from DynaJet which can be a big help also. I love the system but then everyone loves whatever they have too.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:19 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Three Ring Circus

Originally Posted by drspencer
Big tent? Please explain.
Thanks
I meant as for aftermarket exhaust, Fuel Managment Systems anything that that will work around the EPA killing HP and causing heat related problems. There is enough room in the market for several different manufacturers of aftermarket exhaust pipes. About anybody from 2010 on will be dumping the cat so sales should be brisk.

Subconsciously I think it's a friggin Three Ring Circus, buying bikes off the show room floor and having to drop another 2 or 3 thousand to make the things run, or keep from melting down!

Old 05-24-2011, 08:31 AM
robandlyn
Road Master

Pulling the trigger on Fuel moto pipe (non-coated), Power Vision & Fuel Moto S.E.
air cleaner and staying with stock mufflers for now (Lynn's 2010 Trike with 8k miles) .....
Reason ? GREAT Customer service !
Rob .....

Old 05-24-2011, 09:40 AM
robandlyn
Road Master

DONE

Quick Reply: Fullsac vs Jackpot Tri Glide Head pipes