Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Fullsac vs Jackpot Tri Glide Head pipes

Old 06-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Default Fullsac vs Jackpot Tri Glide Head pipes

Just to keep you guys in the loop.

I was told yesterday that Fullsac is now making their X-Pipe for the Tri Glide. It's in stock and ready to ship says Steve. They use your factory heat shields.

I have the X-Pipe on my SESG and got to say it is wonderful with very impressive throttle response. They also sell a Tri Glide Stage 1 Kit that includes the Arlen Ness AC, X-Pipe and TTS. Included with the TTS is a dyno tuned map for the Tri Glide 103. His X-Trike Pipe kit is very affordable. Call Steve for pricing and more info. They haven't updated their website yet.

http://www.fullsac.com/x-pipe.html

Until now you Tri Glide owners had only one place to get a new head pipe, now you have a choice. The Ceramic coated X-Trike Pipe or the Jackpot Stainless Head pipe.

http://www.jackpotmufflers.com/headpipetg.htm

Thought you guys would enjoy knowing.

-wiz

Old 06-16-2010, 09:01 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More choices, I am glad some other after market people are getting involved. I am just doing the XIED's and a decat now while under warranty but this looks good for me after out from the warranty period.

I am partial to the TTS and the total package with the preloaded Maps make it one stop shopping.

This is the setup I hope to hear about, if anyone goes this route I would like for them to post. I would like to do the Woods W-6-6 drop in and go with a package like this, the preloaded map is a nice touch.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

You already know I'm partial to the TTS. Once you flash their map to your ECM simply do the dyno yourself so you can set your VE's using this....

http://www.box.net/shared/4a4dr515xg

Easy a pie.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:02 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Just to keep you guys in the loop.

I was told yesterday that Fullsac is now making their X-Pipe for the Tri Glide. It's in stock and ready to ship says Steve. They use your factory heat shields.

I have the X-Pipe on my SESG and got to say it is wonderful with very impressive throttle response. They also sell a Tri Glide Stage 1 Kit that includes the Arlen Ness AC, X-Pipe and TTS. Included with the TTS is a dyno tuned map for the Tri Glide 103. His X-Trike Pipe kit is very affordable. Call Steve for pricing and more info. They haven't updated their website yet.

http://www.fullsac.com/x-pipe.html
Nice to have options, the X-Pipe looks like a pretty decent piece.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:26 PM
T K Glider
Road Master

Why couldn't a local muffler guy make an X pipe and cut out the cat and fit the new piece?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by T K Glider
Why couldn't a local muffler guy make an X pipe and cut out the cat and fit the new piece?
Both suppliers have taken care and gone through great pains to come up with the right flow properties that increase torque, throttle response and reduce heat. Taking a stock pipe and making just the right angles would be an art and mostly luck to get the same performance.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:40 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Ditto

Both suppliers have taken care and gone through great pains to come up with the right flow properties that increase torque, throttle response and reduce heat. Taking a stock pipe and making just the right angles would be an art and mostly luck to get the same performance.

I am running a stock pipe with a drilled out cat! When looking at the dyno numbers for the Fuel Motto pipes the difference in performance is obvious. I may have gained a little cooling but the stainless steel tuned headpipe is a far better choice for cooling and performance.

I am betting the numbers would be close with the Fulsac.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by coupe55
.... but the stainless steel tuned headpipe is a far better choice for cooling and performance.
That is where the controversy begins. Is it for a non-race bike? What would be the advantage of a SS pipe as opposed to a ceramic coated pipe?

The second part of the discussion would be the difference in a non-step, straight CNC machine welded pipe vs the step up method that is hand welded.

I'm in no way an expert on this and is the reason I posted. Would be nice to get a run down on the Jackpot and the Fullsac by their resident experts.

I hope Jamie and Steve will see this and chime in with a neutral and non promoting type conversation and give us a run down on why they choose the material and how they developed their flow process and why. We can all read what's on their website but sometimes marketing can get in the way of the purchasing decision process. Still tons of guys out there needing head pipes.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 06-17-2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: crossed my p's & q's
Old 06-17-2010, 01:14 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Metallurgy

That is where the controversy begins. Is it for a non-race bike? What would be the advantage of a SS pipe as opposed to a ceramic coated pipe?

The second part of the discussion would be the difference in a non-step, straight CNC machine welded pipe vs the step down method that is hand welded.

I'm in no way an expert on this and is the reason I posted. Would be nice to get a run down on the Jackpot and the Fullsac by their resident experts.

I hope Jamie and Steve will see this and chime in with a neutral and non promoting type conversation and give us a run down on why they choose the material and how they developed their flow process and why. We can all read what's on their website but sometimes marketing can get in the way of the purchasing decision process. Still tons of guys out there needing head pipes.

I am no metallurgist either but was thinking about the thermal conductivity of stainless steel over ceramic coated steel. It may not translate to be beneficial when considering wicking or heat transfer on an air cooled engine.

The dyno numbers for the fuel motto pipe look impressive, would like to see some numbers on the Fullsac. By performance gains I was reffering to low end torque for the most part over the stock headpipe.

I like em both and it will be winter before I change out my OEM headpipe. It would be nice to see the pro's and con's if any of both pipes.

Last edited by coupe55; 06-17-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:25 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

I can only speak for Fuel Moto, however last year we started with a clean slate with this design for the 2009/2010 Touring models and have put forth a huge amount of effort and testing into the development of our 2/1/2 head pipe. We spend several months dyno testing primary and collector designs as well as computer modeling and the final design is a culmination of what we determined was the best design, and it has been extensively tested in 96" 103" 107" 110" 120" applications. We have also used them on several forced induction applications over 150 Hp. We were very open and forthcoming along the way with pictures, dyno charts and information as early as August of 2009 while we were in the testing/development stages and we starting shipping pipes in the later part of 2009. While is is difficult to patent a specific exhaust design, it is not difficult to see a pipe that appears "similar", especially when I am the person that designed the pipe. As far as the Stainless Steel construction this goes without saying, as it is a far superior material to mild steel for an exhaust application for is durability and corrosion resistance and as the official slogan went back in the day "Stainless is Forever". The drawback however is the cost and increased difficulty of manufacturing. I welcome any questions and we can be contact at 877-729-4754 for more information on our products.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fullsac vs Jackpot Tri Glide Head pipes