Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Feedback from Tri Glide owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 02:42 PM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

Follow-up on 2017TG. It's been over a year and about 8800 miles. No complaints. No indications of any of the oil issues I've read about. No migration or sumping.
Trike mostly stock. Ordered Street cannons.

Wife loves Trike and like someone else mentioned, we get all kinds of stares. There is a whole class of people that wouldn't turn their head if a two-wheeler went by but wave and often come over and ask questions about the trike.

I understand. Besides the Trike being not that common, I think a lot of people are thinking, "that is the kind of motorcycle I could ride", who are otherwise frightened of two wheelers.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:33 AM
Cagmo
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You are absolutely correct, Springer, in that people of all ages, colors and backgrounds will come over to inspect our trikes when we're wiping them down at a hotel or stopped somewhere for a break. It is awesome to hear the stories of the older men and women, if you give them the lead and let them ramble while inspecting and admiring our bikes. Most of these fine folks probably wouldn't approach a two-wheeler.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:10 PM
Geary Thomas
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

my only regret, is that one day at my local dealership, I had an asian mother and son come over and try to ask questions...we did a lot of pointing and smileing... I should have lifted the kid into the back seat and had mom take a picure for him.. thought about it as I drove off.. oh well ./.. next time

Old 04-17-2019, 05:25 AM
bakron1
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Bought a 2016 Tri Glide and not looking back

I am 63 and have had Cellulitis in my right leg and now I am a heart patient and have noticed the past year or so that I was concerned about tipping my Street Glide over at a light because of my right leg. My twin brother told me it might be a good idea to look at a Tri Glide instead of two wheels, so in March I talked to my local dealer and let them know I was looking to trade my 2018 Street Glide for a nice Tri Glide. They found me a 2016 two tone Silver/Black model with 7K and I basically traded even for the new bike. I was concerned about riding three wheels compared to two, but there are many older folks at my local dealer who assured me it would be an easy transition and I would love the bike, so I went for it. I picked it up last week and have logged a couple of hundred miles and it was differently different then my two wheeler, but I have adapted quite well and I am really starting to like the machine.

I was an avid BMW rider before I came over to Harley Davidson in 2012 and my twin brother and myself had logged over 300,000 miles and covered all 48 of the lower and 9 Canadian provinces over 30+ years of touring and visited most of the national parks along the way. I will say I am going to look at some new shocks for the rear and after reading several forums I am also going to go with the lift kit in the rear. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Yes I was nervous about giving up my new street glide, but after riding the new Tri Glide I am not looking back and feel much more safer and confident on three wheels then two, just my two cents.

Last edited by bakron1; 04-17-2019 at 05:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Hogdoc45 (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 05:41 AM
Hogdoc45
Advanced
Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

WOW, that is a mighty fine looking machine. I traded my 2008 Road King in for a 2017 TriGlide and have also never looked back. I am sorry about your leg and you will find the TriGlide to fit you well and keep you on the road longer. I agree that three wheels has many benefits. I traded, not for any physical reasons, but because I just wanted to. The wife likes the three wheels better; it is more comfortable and more stable. I like it because I can go as fast as I want/need to, so no deficit there. I don't have to worry about gravel or oil or wet leaves or water on the road as I go around curves. Never have to worry about dropping my ride. I have no trouble keeping up with the rest of my two-wheel buddies. We just love our TriGlide. Take care, ride safe, and RIDE FREE ON THREE!

bakron1 (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 05:46 AM
bakron1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hogdoc45

WOW, that is a mighty fine looking machine. I traded my 2008 Road King in for a 2017 TriGlide and have also never looked back. I am sorry about your leg and you will find the TriGlide to fit you well and keep you on the road longer. I agree that three wheels has many benefits. I traded, not for any physical reasons, but because I just wanted to. The wife likes the three wheels better; it is more comfortable and more stable. I like it because I can go as fast as I want/need to, so no deficit there. I don't have to worry about gravel or oil or wet leaves or water on the road as I go around curves. Never have to worry about dropping my ride. I have no trouble keeping up with the rest of my two-wheel buddies. We just love our TriGlide. Take care, ride safe, and RIDE FREE ON THREE!
Nice looking machine and you guys look great on it, I was hoping to get one with the new Milwaukee Eight, but the 103 twin cam is fine and will serve my needs perfectly, ride safe.

Old 04-17-2019, 01:58 PM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Welcome bakron! You asked about rear shocks & lift. Check with Kevin at DK Customs (they are a sponsor here), they have a 14" shock & lift kit. They will ask for your wt, passenger wt & riding style. With that info, they will tune the shocks for you. I have them on my 16 Tri and it is one of the best mods I have made to the trike. So much better than the stock ride for sure.

Old 04-17-2019, 04:25 PM
bakron1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by graygoat
Welcome bakron! You asked about rear shocks & lift. Check with Kevin at DK Customs (they are a sponsor here), they have a 14" shock & lift kit. They will ask for your wt, passenger wt & riding style. With that info, they will tune the shocks for you. I have them on my 16 Tri and it is one of the best mods I have made to the trike. So much better than the stock ride for sure.
Thanks for the information and I will diffidently check them out, ride safe and often.

graygoat (04-18-2019)
Old 12-17-2019, 02:54 PM
harrell42
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I p;urchasd a used 2009 after havinf kne and back issues i had a 2011 ultra classic was the last regular bike i had
i put 125000 miles on it in 6 years.
When i purhased the used 2009 tri glide the trunk had been corrected, i had a tts mastertune with a good tune up
guy and put a lift kit and goodyear comfort thread tires and a beter brake pads on rear and vance ahd hines ehaust
and changed breathers and put love jugs on and i am very happy with performance now. No complaints.
It does not ride as good as a bike.
Roller

Old 12-22-2019, 06:33 PM
Hapa B
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Tri Glide

Hi all and Happy Holiday's.
I'm new to this so here goes. I want to buy a new 2019 Tri Glide/Trike. I refuse to continue to have my leg burned off. My question is do I buy from a dealer in my state (Calif) or do I look out of state and does it matter.
Thank you in advance,

Quick Reply: Feedback from Tri Glide owners