Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri Glide Chrome Bumper

Old 06-28-2011, 04:40 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Mine still looks like the day it was installed.
Ditto that.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:35 PM
triggca
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine looks like it's less than 2 weeks old.....Oh it is!

Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The reason I ask I just ordered the rear bumber from a dealer. The end cap was off on one side with the fingers broken off. On the other side When I took the end cap off half the fingers were broken. They seem to be very brittle. This is the rear bumper from HD with the new part number A at the end of the #. Was looking for were it was made could not find any Made in USA or China.On the box or bumper. Going have dealer order me a new end cap. Chrome finish on bumper is good but kinda dull on side brackets. It's OK but I'm not to impressed with finish. This is a brand new current production Bumper. I'm Thinking QC has gone down hill. Or the bumper is now being made outside the U.S. Would be kind of different If some one made nerf bars for the back end of the TG and XXX offer it in Chrome and Black.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:45 AM
DaveLaBenne
Cruiser

Carlo, now that is a good idea! Make them similar to the ones on the old vettes. The problem is finding a good chrome outfit that can make them shine! Damned EPA! You could make them contoured to wrap around and give the fenders some protection. I have a hitch in the center and mufflers to keep the big box protected. Make them out of an oval tube with welded end caps.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:26 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveLaBenne
Carlo, now that is a good idea! Make them similar to the ones on the old vettes. The problem is finding a good chrome outfit that can make them shine! Damned EPA! You could make them contoured to wrap around and give the fenders some protection. I have a hitch in the center and mufflers to keep the big box protected. Make them out of an oval tube with welded end caps.
+1 you read my mind.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:06 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I used 1/4" chrome molding from AutoZone instead of that big, bulky bumper...have seen them on other TG's, didn't care for the look...it's too pricey for me...yes, I've been known to be frugal (lol)

Old 08-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Roadrunner14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by coupe55
Bling may be optional
I have stripped the chrome off of my bumper and having it powder coated black. Guess it is blacked out bling!

Bob

Old 08-01-2011, 09:26 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Frugal Forum Members

[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by BinIdaho
I used 1/4" chrome molding from AutoZone instead of that big, bulky bumper...have seen them on other TG's, didn't care for the look...it's too pricey for me...yes, I've been known to be frugal (lol)
Ahh, another convert! but there is such a thing as to thrifty, I even sprung for the bumper, that 1/4" strip don't afford you much protection if hit in the rearend! You see fenders all the time on ebay but body damage can get real expensive...

Last edited by coupe55; 08-01-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:57 PM
pettifogger1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two of the things I put on my 11 FLHXXX right away were the lift kit (was reading about them and a poster on this site put a used one up at a good price, figured I might as well try it) and the bumper. The trike reverse is an on/off affair. I figured the bumper might be cheap insurance since most of the places we go that have curbs, people back in.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:33 AM
TUFF-IRON
Intermediate

Originally Posted by carlo
I know this a old thread. But any one have trouble with the Chrome end cap clips braking off. So the end caps won't stay onthe bumper ends.
I ordered the rear bumper for 2011 Tri -Glide and when I opened the bag one of the end caps and the broken fingers were laying in the bag, I cecked the other side and when I touched it it also fell off. I contacted the dealer where it was purchased and they order new end caps for me. When they got here I put a light coating of grease on the fingers and they went in with no problems.
The bumper was easy to install and I agree it should be standard equipment .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tri Glide Chrome Bumper