Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Power Vision Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 05:41 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy Power Vision Problems

I got the Jackpot Head Pipe installed and then went to download the new map into the ECM but nothing happened.. Plugged the Power Vision into the ECM , turned the switch to the run position, the screen remained blank. Pushed the power button and the screen remained blank. I brought the unit into the house and plugged it into the computer, the screen lit up and said linked to the computer. I could see the one map that Jamie had installed. I am at a loss as too why it will not come on when on the bike.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

What did Jamie say about it?

Old 01-30-2011, 03:17 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Does the power vision have an internal battery that has to be charged up or be plugged into a power source to work. Sounds like plugging it into the computer which I'd imagine it plugs into the USB port must have provided the needed power. I can only guess.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:46 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Possibly the handlebar on/off switch was "off"?

Maybe wrong ECM connection?

Old 01-30-2011, 08:13 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by grandpawmoses
Possibly the handlebar on/off switch was "off"?

Maybe wrong ECM connection?
That would be my initial guess, make sure both ignition and handelbar switches are on.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:22 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by dw2169
I got the Jackpot Head Pipe installed and then went to download the new map into the ECM but nothing happened.. Plugged the Power Vision into the ECM , turned the switch to the run position, the screen remained blank. Pushed the power button and the screen remained blank. I brought the unit into the house and plugged it into the computer, the screen lit up and said linked to the computer. I could see the one map that Jamie had installed. I am at a loss as too why it will not come on when on the bike.

If the screen is blank it is not powered up and is likely one of the following: Make sure you have the Power Vision plugged into the data port which is under the left side cover, it cannot be plugged in under the seat as this is the accessory plug. Also make sure the igntion switch AND run switch must both be in the on position. If you need any additional assistance you can contact me at 877-729-4754

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-30-2011, 10:07 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you everybody for all your help. I was plugged in under the seat instead of on the left side. It is -1 here but I went out and flashed the bike anyway and everything worked as expected. I am thrilled and hope it warms up so I can feel the difference.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:34 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by dw2169
Thank you everybody for all your help. I was plugged in under the seat instead of on the left side. It is -1 here but I went out and flashed the bike anyway and everything worked as expected. I am thrilled and hope it warms up so I can feel the difference.
Wow talk about dodging a bullet, I'll bet that bugger wouldn't have liked it much with a shot of 12 volts if the accessory switch would have been turned on.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:48 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lucky

Originally Posted by msocko3
Wow talk about dodging a bullet, I'll bet that bugger wouldn't have liked it much with a shot of 12 volts if the accessory switch would have been turned on.
That would have been my luck, I would have fried it on my dime. Will the power vision be an intrigal unit? I was hoping they would develop a PC-5 with the Auto Tune built in so I could still use my OEM 02 sensors. Was hoping this would bring the price down also.

I guess what I am asking is there a need for the Auto Tune with the Power Vision and does it have auto tune capabilities?

Old 01-31-2011, 12:44 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by coupe55
That would have been my luck, I would have fried it on my dime. Will the power vision be an intrigal unit? I was hoping they would develop a PC-5 with the Auto Tune built in so I could still use my OEM 02 sensors. Was hoping this would bring the price down also.

I guess what I am asking is there a need for the Auto Tune with the Power Vision and does it have auto tune capabilities?
By looking at the info Fulemoto has on their site about it I think you have it both ways. They have a autotune basic and a pro, the pro uses their AT-100 with dual wide band sensors. If you can use the autotune and get all your trims then remove the unit all would be good. I'm pretty much a believer once you get your VE tables right and then make any changes in the AFR table to the idle areas and any areas you don't want running closed loop you should be golden. Obviously there the timing might need a touch of tweaking, maybe the decel enleanment might need a little working over. Once you get a nice well rounded tune the factory O2 sensors should be able to do their jobs.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Problems