Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Lady Rider seeking guidance re potential trike purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Purple Daze, I've been following your posts and IMHO, trike that Softtail Custom! You seem to have a deep-seated passion for that softail and I believe you would hate to see it go. I think it would cost you less in the long term as opposed to buying a newTri-Glide (forget the Can-Am). There is a wealth of information on these forums to help you make the best decisions for triking your current Harley. Nuff said!

Old 02-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Purple Daze! Welcome to the forum. I ride the 09 Tri Glide and I am 5'1 and have no problems at all. I am also a horse person with a 1 ton dually who hooks up the trailer herself. Also, haul hay, 50# bags of feed and just got an Off The Track TB to train. Oh, and I am past middle age. My TG is named My L'il pony!...I love my bike... I would also look into getting the softail triked. I would think that would make a very nice trike.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Jesstmc
Intermediate

Go for the Trike... I Like mine... my Ultra is a California Side Car conversion.. I Did this to my Ultra cause i'm a little short myself and I needed a touring machine outside my kick around 2 wheeler and the Ultra was a little heavy for me and my daughter loves to ride with me so I did a conversion.. I tried both the Tri-glide and this CSC conversion... I like the CSC conversion it's wider which makes it stay grounded better and the steering is a little bit easier and to me the design looks nicer...

Old 02-09-2011, 08:47 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fly on the Wall

I would love to know when and if HD will ever Trike the Softail! You know they will, there is an untouched market there that is just waiting on that Factory Trike. I bet the Sportster get the Trike treatment also.

Will be your luck as soon as you get your Softail Custom Triked, Harley will come out with a factory version.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Purple_Daze
Cruiser

Originally Posted by coupe55
I would love to know when and if HD will ever Trike the Softail! You know they will, there is an untouched market there that is just waiting on that Factory Trike. I bet the Sportster get the Trike treatment also.

Will be your luck as soon as you get your Softail Custom Triked, Harley will come out with a factory version.
"Murphy's Law".... A trickster at best (damned if I do and damned if i don't.)

Old 02-10-2011, 06:21 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coupe55

I think with the soft economy and H-D's conservative approach, it would be a long time before they trike a softtail. After all, we are still waiting for the 1st water-cooled touring model!

Old 02-10-2011, 12:45 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you do decide to trike out your Softtail be sure to check on storage capabilities. I have a Frankenstein rear on a Dyna Fat Bob and there is no trunk or any way to put saddle bags on, I still like it a lot and it is a quality product.

Attached Thumbnails Lady Rider seeking guidance re potential trike purchase-fb2.jpg  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You know how your softtail rides. Now go ride a TriGlide. Then think about being able to talk to your daughter as you ride. You can listen to music, the weather, m3 players, and talk to other bikers you are riding with. Sit in the seats, both front and back and compare the comfort. Look at the storage. You can pack a lot of stuff on a TriGlide. Remember, it takes a little more power to pull a trike and the extra weight. I have the trunk and the tourpack filled with just the normal riding gear. Two sets of everything and it is all stored fairly safe and sound. New warranty versus no warranty. Good Luck whichever way you decide.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:35 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

Your daughter is at the right age to start riding along. I find my fuel milage is about 34-38mpg. The trike did not add much to the insurance bill as I now have three bikes. Once I became adjusted to how the trike handles, it has become my favorite ride. IMHO go for it!

Attached Thumbnails Lady Rider seeking guidance re potential trike purchase-bikes.jpg  
Old 02-12-2011, 09:28 PM
scooty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just priced a California Side Car trike conversion fo an ElectraGlide and it was $$$ 15,700 they are a beautiful kit but very spendy ! ! !

Quick Reply: Lady Rider seeking guidance re potential trike purchase