Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Lady Rider seeking guidance re potential trike purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 06:36 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scooty
I just priced a California Side Car trike conversion fo an ElectraGlide and it was $$$ 15,700 they are a beautiful kit but very spendy ! ! !
Conversion kits are priced all over the place. When I priced out a DFT conversion 3 years ago it was 18,000 with out reverse and easy steer. The sky is the limit on conversions unless you can buy the kit and do the work yourself.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Jesstmc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Conversion kits are priced all over the place. When I priced out a DFT conversion 3 years ago it was 18,000 with out reverse and easy steer. The sky is the limit on conversions unless you can buy the kit and do the work yourself.
I did this CSC conversion last Feb. with all the options (reverse, easy steer, adjust. shocks, nickle brack sys. parking brake, ect.) except trailer hitch (195) and a weight comp. adjustment on shocks(495?) and it was 18,500 installed.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:56 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesstmc
I did this CSC conversion last Feb. with all the options (reverse, easy steer, adjust. shocks, nickle brack sys. parking brake, ect.) except trailer hitch (195) and a weight comp. adjustment on shocks(495?) and it was 18,500 installed.
You have a very nice looking trike. Something to be proud of.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:06 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
I would love to know when and if HD will ever Trike the Softail! You know they will, there is an untouched market there that is just waiting on that Factory Trike. I bet the Sportster get the Trike treatment also.

Will be your luck as soon as you get your Softail Custom Triked, Harley will come out with a factory version.
I think the market is ripe for a factory made Sportster trike!

Jim

Old 02-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Jesstmc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
You have a very nice looking trike. Something to be proud of.
Thanx oldmsocko, I think running boards make a large difference in the looks of a trike... thats one feature I would not do without

Old 02-14-2011, 08:29 PM
scooty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question

What year Ultra is yours and how is it for power and ride. ( SURE LOOKS GOOD )

Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Jesstmc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scooty
What year Ultra is yours and how is it for power and ride. ( SURE LOOKS GOOD )
2008.. good power with the design and ratio of the rearend... will out corner 2 wheelers on winey roads, I actually have to slow up on winey roads for'em...steering is easy... It's a smooth suspension ride as good or better then my cars I don't feel the bumps like on do on my 2 wheeler not at all... and the braking is better then my 2 wheeler and car... I like it... it's great for touring and around town and jams too with it's 160 watt system gps mp3 and cell hooked to cb.. Only thing I don't get to do with this compared to my 2 wheeler which I like is the leaning! so I keep my 2 wheeler to kick around...

Old 02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't think we'll be seeing anything other than the touring line of trikes. They might try and stream it down a bit, but the platform is already made.

That being said, i triked the '05 night train that was involved in my acdcident and i love it. Can't go wrong with a 'stein! i also attached a pic of my buddy's crossbones that he threw a Frankenstein on. i had never been envious of any other trike until i saw his.

grimm

Attached Thumbnails Lady Rider seeking guidance re potential trike purchase-photo.jpg   Lady Rider seeking guidance re potential trike purchase-crossbones-resized-1.jpg  
Old 02-15-2011, 01:32 PM
#1rocketman
Road Captain

Funny I saw your post about a possible trike. Last nite my better half and I decided to take a ride.Stopped at a friends bar and had a couple of beers.I heard someone pull up out front on a bike and when the guy came in,I recognized him but didn't know what he rode.I walkedoutside to take a look and I was really impressed.He had taken his 2009,1200 sporty and did the Frankenstien swap. The bike was gorgeous,black,nice exhaust and rear fenders,sharp rear wheels/tires.He had a luggage rack with a tourpack and solo seat.Told me it only takes a minute to swap the pack for the passenger seat.He didn't opt for a real wide rearend,it was a little narrower than some I've seen and the tires weren't huge monsters but looked like they really belonged on it.he had it done several months ago here in Missouri and I think he said the conversion was around $5,000.i usually don't get impressed with the trikes,personally I don't care for all that fiberglass/Ultra stuff.(no offense guys,just my like/dislike)
I had seen another one of these last year at the Bike,Blues,BBQ in Fayetteville,Ar. Belonged to a girl,painted a pinkish color,was very good looking and she took a few trophys in a couple of classes.
If I think about it,I'll try to remember to have my camera with me and take some pics for you to look at.I took 4-5 with my phone but I can't figure out how to get those downloaded on my PC.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:12 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sportster Trike

A ready made market here, women, youth market, people who just want a small trike and don't like the baggers. A cruiser or cafe class Trike, an entry level trike. It is not a question of if you build it they will come. The market is there if they price it right!

Quick Reply: Lady Rider seeking guidance re potential trike purchase