Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

TRI-GLIDE problems?

Old 08-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Dogdaz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triglide

What Msocko3 said. I will stand up for exactly what he said! We are in line on this 100%. I know he does his work and his dads work and knows what he is speaking of. It is not as hot in Carolina as it is in Arizona. Thanks for speaking up Msocko3. The problem is you put one of those temp gauges on Msocko3 ;-) Thanks Jerry

Old 08-11-2011, 06:41 PM
jim gallo
Cruiser

i have has no problems with my 2011. at 1000 miles had all the fluids change to sysnthethic. its not as warm here in maine and maybe thats why i do not have a heat issue. i have only got about 2700 on it and wish i had more time to ride,but the trike has been a joy for me and the girlfriend.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:43 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jim gallo
i have has no problems with my 2011. at 1000 miles had all the fluids change to sysnthethic. its not as warm here in maine and maybe thats why i do not have a heat issue. i have only got about 2700 on it and wish i had more time to ride,but the trike has been a joy for me and the girlfriend.
Jim: Like you stated, the TG is a joy to ride. I couldn't want a more stable platform to ride.
My bride and I enjoy it very much. I plan on retiring next year and we will certainly spend much more time treveling on it.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Glyder
Road Captain

We havent had any problems on our 09......just the heat like everyone else.,,,,,oh yeah......I forgot the trunk leak.....but that was so long ago now that I had'nt really thought about it in so long.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:38 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

WOW

Now we are questioning if I ride my Trikes. The '09 is going in for it's 20,000 mile service next week. It wasn't run for a 4 month period when my wife had a bad reaction to her Chemo treatments. The '11 only has 3400 miles, but we've only owned her for 5 months.

I'm not a mechanic. I've never built an alcohol fueled funny car, or built "Countless" Harley Engines or raced them for years like others on this thread. I'm a licensed Electrical Engineer with a BS in Electrical Engineering, and an MS in Computer Sciences.

When our Harleys need service, I take them to a dealer I trust, not the closest one. I applaud the two of you for your mechanical prowess, most on the board can't maintain their own bikes, and I'd never think of suggesting modifications to their bikes that are still under warranty, and will void that warranty.

I never tried to intimate YOU didn't have a problem with your Trike. If your oil was running 300*+ you did/do have a problem. Mine never did! I put oil temp gages on the bikes within a month of taking delivery. Did the same with my '08 E-Glide.

I suggested to those with bikes under warranty to go back to the dealer and "Bitch a blue streak", get your problems on paper so their is a trail of your problems, DON'T jump in and start changing things that will void any warranty you may have.

2009 loop of the Grand Canyon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNTNqal3jas

2010 loop of the South West
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZL8Y2xcXJ8

We didn't trailer either bike in any of these rides. You can follow the links to 25 other rides wife and I have been on. The one with the trailer full of Harleys is my son and his girlfriends bike, they met us in Bullhead City and I towed their bikes for them.

I won't insult you, your father, or the other guy questioning your ability to ride, riding style, or anything else. I've been a member here a long time, I just don't set my keyboard on fire posting a lot. I'm sure you have seen lots of "closet mechanics" offering a zillion suggestions to people that have no idea what they are doing. I'm sorry these threads have come to the point of questioning the abilities and character of the posters.

The following users liked this post:
TOHOG (02-22-2022)
Old 08-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Screwball, Msocko, Oldmsocko....you guys play nice now...

We all need each other too much, lets not get like some other sections of this board and other boards....we're better than that....

And for what it's worth, mine ( 2010) is one hot motorcickel.....haven't had too many issure, did have the exhaust bolt that was loose and my clutch went south in the smokeys but all taken care of my HD under warrenty. Had the 30T put on, that's a big difference...got to get the cat out and install the big sucker breather with some mufflers...also have the lift kit to install....
All in all a good machine, has some warts as do all motorcycles...

Old 08-11-2011, 11:44 PM
mvengineer
Advanced

Casper
Do you think the 30 tooth mod is really worth it ? can you tell a big difference ? How much would the dealer charge??? Thanks

Old 08-11-2011, 11:57 PM
mvengineer
Advanced

I'm a licensed Electrical Engineer with a BS in Electrical Engineering, and an MS in Computer Sciences.

Hey screwball .....so you are a PE, me too!!, but I am civil....engineer that is . I will be retiring in two years and planning many many road trips. Can't wait. Love my TG. Has had 0 problems at 6500 miles. I hesitate to make any changes as I know a lot of engineering design has gone into those machines.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by mvengineer
Casper
Do you think the 30 tooth mod is really worth it ? can you tell a big difference ? How much would the dealer charge??? Thanks
I can only speak for me..but last year the wife and I road to Bilings MT for a BK International rally and climbing those long hills...I was using 4th gear a lot and the headwinds wouldn't let me pass a lot of 18 wheelers...I was embarrased they way it ran....now we were pulling a Bushtec trailer, but I've had that behind several bikes and trikes and this was the first time I saw this poor of a preformance from a motorcycle...I had the 30T installed hear at my ,local dealer ( I think it was around 400.00 labor). We have some steephills around here and I can hit the bottom with the cruise control on and never have to touch the throttle now....best money I've spent

Old 08-12-2011, 03:28 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
I won't insult you, your father, or the other guy questioning your ability to ride, riding style, or anything else. I've been a member here a long time, I just don't set my keyboard on fire posting a lot. I'm sure you have seen lots of "closet mechanics" offering a zillion suggestions to people that have no idea what they are doing. I'm sorry these threads have come to the point of questioning the abilities and character of the posters.

Maybe I was a little harsh and for that I apologize. What drove me to it is other post you seem to criticize folks who make modifications with sarcastic remarks about them racing. When Harley Davidson or the dealer offer no solution then self help is all one has. I bitched a blue streak on more than one occasion to both HD and the dealer. The one phone call to Harley Davidson resulted in me being transfered to a person in the power train dept. Once I shot down all his excuses, and he sure tried to make plenty that didn't hold water. The end result of our conversation you see in your 2011, the 30 tooth sprocket. What roasted my chestnuts was the inability for my Triglide to pull a hill at 75 mph with the wife and I and having to down shift out of 6th gear to keep from getting mowed over from the traffic behind me, I was not pulling a trailer at that time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TRI-GLIDE problems?