Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Wife wants a Tri Glide

Old 11-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Wife wants a Tri Glide

Well I am not familiar with the trikes. I have a Electra Glide Limited. So after surfing your guys Trike forum a bit to familiarize myself I am getting concerned. Seems to be a lot of problems. My bike is a 2010 with the cat and it can get warm too but that is soon to be remedied with a Fuel Moto set up. Is this trike the same? What about the brakes? Is that a issue or is there an upgrade or fix??

I guess what I am getting at is I found a 2010 Tri Glide that has about everything. Cams, V & H
'X" pipe, tuner and slip ons so the cat is gone. He also has the dyno sheet. Changed the sprocket to lower the gearing. All chromed out with lots of goodies including the HD Chrome Wheels. Only has 1800 miles and the previous owner has some health issues and wants to sell. If you had it over again would you consider a bike that has this already done to it? All receipts are there showing everything and all work done by the Dealer. Only thing I can see at all to do is the chrome tour pack hinges. I you could get it for a decent price would you put your wife on one? My other option is picking up a late model and having a trike kit installed. There seems to be a bunch of choices there as well. Hummm

Last edited by Flintshooter54; 11-13-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:33 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

If you can pick it up for a good price it should make you a decent trike, especially some of the good modifications have already been made. The rear brakes work adequate, I run 2 up and pull a trailer and have no issues stopping. If you wanted to upgrade the brakes you could install one of the kits Performance machine offers.

If I would have had a crystal ball when I ordered mine I may have taken one of my other options. I had located another 2006 Ultra Classic which only had 2,500 miles on it, I had figured on pulling the engine and taking it 113 or 120 and then triking it. I'm fortunate I'm a pretty decent wrench so engine building and mechanical work I can do. Its sad to say but the quality control on my 06 Ultra which I bought new is way better than my Triglide, Harley Davidson should be ashamed at some of the crap their churning out.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Only a kit will run about 15 grand!

Old 11-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain

Did not realize they were that much. I was thinking closer to $10,000. But just starting to look and run across this 2010 Black and chrome one. Was not planning on finding such a nice one quite so fast. LOL

Old 11-13-2011, 09:02 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

By the time you get the kit, get it installed, get the triple tree raked properly, and get reverse on it you are going to be around 14,000.

If it were me, I would go for the 2010 with all the upgrades.

My wife just got a 2012 TG after 14 years on two wheels, and she likes it a lot.

Bill

Old 11-13-2011, 11:53 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Sounds like all the good stuff is already done. With the low miles and a decent price, I'd go with the 2010.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:53 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would certainly go with the 2010 if price is right. I would never purchase a new one. Before I would do that I would purchase a good low milage bike and have a conversion installed.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:05 PM
blade76
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife has enjoyed her 2010. Even more so after Mr. Wizard did his magic!

Old 11-14-2011, 10:58 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

After a bad bout with Cancer and Chemo we sold wife's pride and joy Fatboy and got her an 09 Tri Glide. She was happier with the 2 wheels, but considering the alternative, (rocking chair) she loves her trike. In '11 I had heart valve work, and decided it was time. Sold my E-Glide, bought wife a new '11 Tri-glide and I inherited her '09. Takes a while to get used to not leaning, but once you do it, ya can't go back.
Good Luck.

Oh, buy the Tri-Glide! Keep your wife happy!

Old 11-15-2011, 05:01 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain

Screwball,
So all this griping I am seeing is not as bad as it seems if you bought TWO of them! LOL Sounds like there is some issues but most of them can be worked out. And in this case the bike I am looking at has most everything done. Headpipe and tune. New sprocket for the gear change.

They already come with a different rake compared to my EG Limited, don't they? That is not something that's needs added or changed like it would be on a converted bike?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wife wants a Tri Glide