Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Nice vid on how to get on/off a trike

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Nice vid on how to get on/off a trike

Just joined Trike Talk and was cruising thru some of the tips for newbie trikers and saw this. Thought it would be great to share over here. If it this has been done before I apologize in advance

Rax

Old 08-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

It's always good to review the matured videos and information and bring them back to life.

Yes, that is John. Back a few years ago we were discussing how to mount and dismount without hitting your passenger or the rear fenders. Was hard to put into words so he made and posted the vid.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:25 AM
TaylorMcStrat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this vid a couple years ago. Have done it like that ever since.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:22 AM
MackAttack
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

WOW....thanks for sharing. I was not aware of that method of getting off/on a trike. I will be sharing this info to some fellow trike riders.

Cheers
MackAttack

Last edited by MackAttack; 08-13-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Raxus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MackAttack
WOW....thanks for sharing. I was not aware of that method of getting off/on a trike. I will be sharing this info to some fellow trike riders.

Cheers
MackAttack
Np Mack. Been trying it today. Still in the "this feels weird" mode but trying to do it. Especially getting off. Like everything else practice makes perfect tho

Rax

Old 08-13-2013, 07:37 PM
dfndr
Road Master

Haha, very timely. Just this weekend my wife asked me if I felt like a pussey grabbing my right cuff and lifting my leg over the seat! After the back surgery that was the only way I could do it. But now, thanks to you guys, I know how to do it.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:21 AM
MackAttack
Cruiser

I have a 2012 TriGlide with the heel shifter on it and I really like using the heel shifter. With my size 11.5 shoe size, I would have to remove the heel shifter to mount as shown on the video. Guess I'll keep lifting that leg high and keep trying to get more limber.

Thanx
Mack

Old 08-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MackAttack
I have a 2012 TriGlide with the heel shifter on it and I really like using the heel shifter. With my size 11.5 shoe size, I would have to remove the heel shifter to mount as shown on the video. Guess I'll keep lifting that leg high and keep trying to get more limber.

Thanx
Mack
Well Mack..I might not have as big a foot as you but this video is still damn awkward for me to do. So used to throwing my leg over the seat to get on (which is still a lot faster then the vid) I prolly won't change that. The getting off part I am working on. Still feel very self conscious and awkward with that too lol.

Rax

Old 08-18-2013, 12:36 PM
lboos
Advanced

Someone brought up a good point on this subject when it came out, not to do this with the engine running as you might accidently put it in 1st gear with the fancy footwork, I could see this happening,.... just a thought.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 PM
MackAttack
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lboos
Someone brought up a good point on this subject when it came out, not to do this with the engine running as you might accidently put it in 1st gear with the fancy footwork, I could see this happening,.... just a thought.
Good point but I don't start the engine for a ride until I'm sitting in the seat.

Quick Reply: Nice vid on how to get on/off a trike