Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 10:40 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

A perspective shot, the bag really isn't as big as it looks in the details above.

A shot in Pennsylvania on the way from NW Ohio to Bar Harbor. Mostly Interstate on the way there, yuk, although we did go through a nice section of rural New Jersey on the way. I didn't even know there was a rural New Jersey!

Crappy weather in upstate Maine, had that for three days going to Niagra Falls via Montpelier. Half blah, 1/4 spitting rain, 1/4 steady rain, one 10 minute gully washer. Mostly on US 2, all two-lane, now that was a nice road. Oh, and SR 17 in Vermont, had a nice snakey ride up and over and down a ridge, probably 60 curves in 5 miles.

STILL beats riding in a cage any day!!!!

Last edited by Oogie Wa Wa; 09-17-2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Spreak Engrish.
The following users liked this post:
FL15TG (09-24-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 10:12 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master

"Can you put a pocket on the back of your backrest for my camera and small stuff?" Hmm, pockets, what has pre-made pockets? Aha! Talk about a kluge...

Hey, it's survived three years and over 9 thousand miles of road trips. And the jeans were obviously well past their prime! No, I can't sew, it's all stapled together!

Old 09-17-2017, 10:45 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master

And then there are these things. More kluges. Bungee cords, ty-wraps, a dry bag with spare do rags, face masks, neck gaiters and spare gloves go in the bottom part of one, a baggie with some micro fiber towels for cleaning the windshield, bubbles and visors, a seat rain cover and a couple of garbage bags in the bottom of the other, with room for a couple of water bottles. In the tops go the baggie with the Go Pro and mount parts, the EZ Pass unit when not in use, spare camera batteries, carabiners, little clips, a bit of nylon rope and stuff like that in the tops, she can access all of them on the fly if need be. Completely removable after the trip is over and keep stone chips from hitting the fenders.

They were like $30 each from an ATV place.

Last edited by Oogie Wa Wa; 09-17-2017 at 10:46 PM.
neon65 (09-18-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 06:02 PM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Had 15k service done today.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:54 AM
shrubs2000
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Installed VisionX headlamp and passing lamps this morning. I also installed the "high 4" so low and high are on with the high beams. Aimed them on my garage door and now just need to wait for tonight to get the full effects. Everything was plug n play. But getting that bottom outer ring screw in was a pain.

Note: There is a white ring around the main lamp but the cell camera can't pick it up.

All lights off

Low beams on at a slight downward angle

High beams (Low and High) on at a slight downward angle

Old 09-22-2017, 01:00 PM
jeff53404
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Made a service appointment for Monday to check/replace the reverse motor. I had a tough time backing up uphill against a modest incline. Called HD to confirm it was covered under an ESP. The person I talked to said he'd seen the motors go as early as 8K so I guess I feel good getting 30K out of it.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:45 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Installed the newly released WHIM (Wireless Headset Interface Module) and CB modules along with the 10" Wind Splitter windshield. Just need to ride to the dealership tomorrow and have them flash the head unit to activate the WHIM.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:07 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Oogie Wa Wa
"Can you put a pocket on the back of your backrest for my camera and small stuff?" Hmm, pockets, what has pre-made pockets? Aha! Talk about a kluge...

Hey, it's survived three years and over 9 thousand miles of road trips. And the jeans were obviously well past their prime! No, I can't sew, it's all stapled together!
That is pretty cool!

Mary likes the pocket built into the back of my backrest....but I am going to show her this...even more space for all her stuff!

Thanks!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

wijr1949 (09-30-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 10:25 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master

It was easy to do, you've posted some of the things she's done, shouldn't take long. I put a snap on the bottom of each side that you can't see to keep it from blowing off while riding solo. Keeps my back from sweating, too, as the front is just a plain panel from the leg of the jeans.

The wife really likes that seat pad. A Butt Buffer I think, it originally had a gel pad inside, but it didn't work so well. So I pulled it out and bought a memory foam bath mat, cut it to various shapes and glued it up and put it inside. She never even adjusts the pressure in the Road Zeppelin seat any more

The original gel insert. Worthless except as a pattern.

I rounded all the edges over with an angle grinder (gently!!!) to smooth it out before stuffing it in the shell.

It worked out well enough I'm thinking of cutting a couple of the outer edge pieces, labeled #4, and add them to my Airhawk R, I still could use a little more support out there even with the combo of the seat and the pad.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:15 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Oogie Wa Wa
It was easy to do, you've posted some of the things she's done, shouldn't take long. I put a snap on the bottom of each side that you can't see to keep it from blowing off while riding solo. Keeps my back from sweating, too, as the front is just a plain panel from the leg of the jeans.

The wife really likes that seat pad. A Butt Buffer I think, it originally had a gel pad inside, but it didn't work so well. So I pulled it out and bought a memory foam bath mat, cut it to various shapes and glued it up and put it inside. She never even adjusts the pressure in the Road Zeppelin seat any more

The original gel insert. Worthless except as a pattern.

I rounded all the edges over with an angle grinder (gently!!!) to smooth it out before stuffing it in the shell.

It worked out well enough I'm thinking of cutting a couple of the outer edge pieces, labeled #4, and add them to my Airhawk R, I still could use a little more support out there even with the combo of the seat and the pad.
Mary likes the blue jean pocket idea...she kept say, "that's cute", then, "that's a lot more space".

I reckon she'll be making one up. Thanks!

Yeah, I never have liked gel pads...although a lot of folks swear by them.

Kevin

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?