Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 11:04 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,461 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Got a late start today "tinkering" on my Tri-Glide but I managed to get the DK floorboard extensions installed (man, that right, front rider floorboard bolt was TIGHT!
Also installed the RH boot guard and the H-F front axle nut covers.

Last item was the highway foot pegs.
I had a pair of the H-D "short reach" clamps in the garage for (16?) years and I recently ordered a pair of the "Kahuna" chrome/black pegs to match my heated hand grips.

Installed the clamps (with Loctite) on the engine guard bar and started to install the folding foot pegs and.....NO spring-locking washers supplied with either kit!
I wonder how difficult it will be to find these little boogers??!!

Just as well. It was time to stop since the mosquitos were already getting busy....after me!

Rear fender "Airwing" rails and lights and that's it...as least for a while. Time to start enjoying the trike instead of tinkering on it!

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (04-23-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 10:13 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
Got a late start today "tinkering" on my Tri-Glide but I managed to get the DK floorboard extensions installed (man, that right, front rider floorboard bolt was TIGHT!
Also installed the RH boot guard and the H-F front axle nut covers.

Last item was the highway foot pegs.
I had a pair of the H-D "short reach" clamps in the garage for (16?) years and I recently ordered a pair of the "Kahuna" chrome/black pegs to match my heated hand grips.

Installed the clamps (with Loctite) on the engine guard bar and started to install the folding foot pegs and.....NO spring-locking washers supplied with either kit!
I wonder how difficult it will be to find these little boogers??!!

Just as well. It was time to stop since the mosquitos were already getting busy....after me!

Rear fender "Airwing" rails and lights and that's it...as least for a while. Time to start enjoying the trike instead of tinkering on it!
I also just installed my floorboard extenders on my TriGlide. You are correct-the bolts are unbelievably tight - the full length not just the beginning and the left side with the parking break is damn near impossible with the tools I have. .
I am also looking for a couple of those %$#damn spring locking washers.
Going to have the front shocks replaced in the next week. Had the Pro Action shocks installed in the rear a couple weeks ago.

DK Custom (04-24-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 03:20 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Angry

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
I also just installed my floorboard extenders on my TriGlide. You are correct-the bolts are unbelievably tight - the full length not just the beginning and the left side with the parking break is damn near impossible with the tools I have. .
I am also looking for a couple of those %$#damn spring locking washers.
Going to have the front shocks replaced in the next week. Had the Pro Action shocks installed in the rear a couple weeks ago.
I called the dealer where I bought the foot pegs yesterday and a little box containing the lock washers was on my front porch today!

Apparently....the brackets that I've had in my garage (for may years) and the new foot pegs were not totally compatible.
Too much slop without the spring lock washers, and not enough gap WITH the washers!

A little "blacksmithing" effort and they fit just fine!

Last edited by 2AMGuy; 04-24-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:18 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Picked my trike up from Grove’s Winchester HD Saturday (04/20) morning. I had dropped it off to have the Stage II Torque cam and new oil pump back plate with seal installed. They also installed the latest version oil pump at no charge (ESP Warranty).

The guys at Grove's did a great job, and at a really decent rate. My home dealer in South Texas wanted 8 hours just to do the cam. At $95 an hour that's $760 just for labor. Grove's did everything, parts included for $736.

Got some miles in Saturday and Sunday. All I can say is it was money well spent. The trike moves down the road effortlessly now, even into a headwind. Fifth and sixth gear roll-on is much better than stock. Will definitely be putting more and more miles on her while I'm here in Virginia the next two months. I m so happy HD finally made the Stage II Torque Cam available for the trike, lots of smiles when you crack the throttle.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:23 AM
bakron1
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts

I added a rear bumper and newer mirrors to my 2016 Tri Glide

Old 04-25-2019, 03:53 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by bakron1
I added a rear bumper and newer mirrors to my 2016 Tri Glide
What kind of mirrors??? Pics always appreciated!

Old 04-26-2019, 05:29 PM
rjinaz85308
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my Stealth driving lights installed today on my 2016 trike. I wanted them to be switched separately from the other accessories. Instead of using Harley's switches I used my own switch. I mounted the lights on the engine guard and the switch on the left lower fairing. The switch has a light on it so I can tell when the are on. They are mostly for daytime visibility since I hardly ever ride at night. Seems like a nice light for the money.

Last year on our 'guy trip' I was told that I was not very visible to the guys in front of me. So this year I am readjusting the factory lights and adding these. We leave AZ headed for Arkansas for 8 days of riding the backroads in less than 2 weeks. Little different than last year where we covered 11 states in 12 days. This will give us more time to enjoy the local sights instead of just blasting past them. LOL

DK Custom (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 05:55 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by rjinaz85308
I got my Stealth driving lights installed today on my 2016 trike. I wanted them to be switched separately from the other accessories. Instead of using Harley's switches I used my own switch. I mounted the lights on the engine guard and the switch on the left lower fairing. The switch has a light on it so I can tell when the are on. They are mostly for daytime visibility since I hardly ever ride at night. Seems like a nice light for the money.

Last year on our 'guy trip' I was told that I was not very visible to the guys in front of me. So this year I am readjusting the factory lights and adding these. We leave AZ headed for Arkansas for 8 days of riding the backroads in less than 2 weeks. Little different than last year where we covered 11 states in 12 days. This will give us more time to enjoy the local sights instead of just blasting past them. LOL

If you have a chance, and would like to, would be cool if you emailed us some photos, would like to put them on our website.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-27-2019, 10:40 AM
Rickochet55
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just installed the Kuryakyn tour pack relocation kit part number: 8956 and the filler pad on "Trip". It gives my tall wife much more leg room. Happy wife, Happy life!!!

Old 04-28-2019, 07:39 PM
bakron1
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts

Bought a seat from a 2018 115th Anniversary Trike and put it on my 2016 Tri Glide (silver/black) looks great the HDMC embossed on the seat, blue piping and it’s also comfortable. Added a nice touch to my machine.

Last edited by bakron1; 04-28-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?