Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Packers-FLSTC
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Gary, You are correct, I don't have to tune my pipes, especially on a Trike. It just is never going to look tough no matter how it sounds. But my wife is sooo much happier riding with me on the Trike and I love going around a corner, seeing gavel on the road and just laughing it off.

As for the Nav System, I forgot about that piece of ****. Over the years and with the help of LawAbidingBiker.com as well as lots of trial and error, I now have it working minimally. I more often just turn on the map so I can see options to wander on upcoming roads.

While we are at it, I wish I could find a you tube or something else that would teach me how to use a blog. I understand less of this than I do the Nav system.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:47 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

When I first got my '14 TG I bought the L.A.B. video on the Infotainment system. Did help. Their website is the greatest for tinkering with your Harley.
I stay away from blogs/facebook/twitter/skyp and all those other %$#% anti social pieces of garbage. I have a cell phone but it stays in the tour pac except for emergencies and I haven't had an emergency since I bought it 5 years ago.

I too laugh at gravel - only problem I have is having to wait for all the 2 wheelers behind me to catch up after having to slow down for the sand/gravel in the turns. 2 wheelers are such a pain aren't they? LOL

Old 11-14-2016, 01:39 PM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 175 Likes on 125 Posts

2016 Triglide with 300 miles at the time this happened:
I noticed a puddle of oil under the right rear of the new Trike last Friday. Drug my finger through it to try and figure out what it was. Turns out it was a clear, oily substance so not gas and not engine or tranny oil.
I took a picture of the puddle to identify for the dealer tech where I saw it and headed to the dealer.
Tech stated he could not find any evidence of oil leaking anywhere and I showed him the picture and described what I thought it was. My diagnosis was shock oil.
He said he would look some more and they ended up ordering a new right rear shock.
Not sure if this will correct the problem, but there is no way to tell if the shocks have their oil anyway.
Glad I took the picture to show. Turned out to be what convinced them I wasn't nuts.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:57 PM
6bull
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I noticed on the garage floor I had a puddle of clear looking oil under the left rear axle and I thought it was brake fluid. I checked my brake fluid and the level was fine, so I took a photo of the puddle under the trike.

I took my 2016 Tri Glide for the 1,000 mile service and mentioned the clear oil puddle, the service writer was befuddled when I mentioned the leak on the left rear. He called back several days informing me that the left rear shock was leaking oil and being replaced under warranty.

Might be a common problem since LS Bob has had the same issue as me with the rear shock. Keep an eye out if you have a 2016 Tri Glide.

Originally Posted by LS Bob
2016 Triglide with 300 miles at the time this happened:
I noticed a puddle of oil under the right rear of the new Trike last Friday. Drug my finger through it to try and figure out what it was. Turns out it was a clear, oily substance so not gas and not engine or tranny oil.
I took a picture of the puddle to identify for the dealer tech where I saw it and headed to the dealer.
Tech stated he could not find any evidence of oil leaking anywhere and I showed him the picture and described what I thought it was. My diagnosis was shock oil.
He said he would look some more and they ended up ordering a new right rear shock.
Not sure if this will correct the problem, but there is no way to tell if the shocks have their oil anyway.
Glad I took the picture to show. Turned out to be what convinced them I wasn't nuts.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:06 PM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 175 Likes on 125 Posts

Sorry, I forgot I had posted this here and re-posted in the Triglide issues thread.
Both shocks need replaced due to leaking and they are doing that now.
Important thing I learned is the tech explained the need to re-align the rear end after removal of the right shock. This may be important to those considering lift kits.

The following users liked this post:
6bull (11-22-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 03:36 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by LS Bob
Sorry, I forgot I had posted this here and re-posted in the Triglide issues thread.
Both shocks need replaced due to leaking and they are doing that now.
Important thing I learned is the tech explained the need to re-align the rear end after removal of the right shock. This may be important to those considering lift kits.
Removing and installing new shocks, or a lift kit, has nothing to do with alignment. The rear alignment is locked in by pinching two points between a plate, totally independent of the shocks and plate part of the lift kit. There are 2 round pieced which are pinched between 2 plates, the picture shows one of the round parts.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:55 AM
fishnpo
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

New to the Triglide, late to the party. Just picked up a 2014 with 5700 miles. Looks closer to new than 3 years old. A few short trips so far, no issues to share. i appreciate those who shared, i know some of what to look for.
Traded a 08 Ultra, i miss the lean but love the ride of the TG

Old 03-11-2017, 10:33 AM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 409 Likes on 266 Posts

Yeah, learned fast check to the brake first then use reverse

Old 06-11-2017, 11:35 AM
wengerda
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 2017 tri glide ultra

Newbie here, I finally have over 600 miles since I bought my trike last week. My questions are for the owners of the new 107 engine. , Does your bike when shifted ng gears clunk on each gear. I know Harley's does clunk but on this new engine do your clunk on each gear? I checked the level of my oil and is normal. Also what is your optimal tires pressure and rear back shock psi. Sorry for all these questions but this is my first trike and Harley. Thanks

Old 06-11-2017, 06:58 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Understand that the rear tires are actually car tires. As such, the inflation show in the owner's manual is much higher than it need be if you are riding solo or, even 2 up loaded with gear for a trip. Also, when Harley ships the trikes, the tires are overinflated so as to put tension on the tie downs during shipment. The tire pressure is supposed to be lowered during setup Needless to say it is often overlooked by the set up peeps. Back when Lehman was doing the conversion for the factory, they recommended setting the rear tires between 22psi and 24psi. They were not kidding. It makes a world of difference in ride quality. What the factory suggests is overkill. The trike weighs nowhere near what a car does on its rear axle.

The following users liked this post:
Cagmo (06-15-2017)

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes