Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 08:15 PM
Old-Harley-Rider
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not sure on the lift kit yet but I do have to check into the airlines or fittings on the shocks.. they seem to be leaking... if my wife and I go on a long ride and I happen to hit a larger bump than normal then the bike bottoms out.. and from what I have read on here and other places, the lift kit should take care of that... even the local HD shop told me they have installed a ton of them.. and that takes care of the bottoming out problem..

Old 01-23-2018, 03:49 PM
Packers-FLSTC
Intermediate
Default Reverse Motor

Anyone having problems with the Reverse motor? My 2014 reverse is very sporadic, has been for over a year. One dealer could not reproduce it, another wants $1550 to totally replace it. Sometimes [seldom] it works fine, sometimes it won't work at all, sometimes I press the R button and it jumps back about a foot, then I have to keep pressing to get another foot out of it. This is all when on reasonably flat pavement. I bet I don't have 10 miles in reverse since I bought it.
I'm wondering if anyone has any similar experience or if you may have done any other repair, like maybe getting the motor rebuild.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:02 PM
rchays57
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know about everybody else but, for me, the lift kit took care of the mufflers hitting the ground in certain situations but didn't stop the suspension from bottoming out on bumps. The only thing that stopped that for me was Pro Action Shocks.

Originally Posted by Old-Harley-Rider
I'm not sure on the lift kit yet but I do have to check into the airlines or fittings on the shocks.. they seem to be leaking... if my wife and I go on a long ride and I happen to hit a larger bump than normal then the bike bottoms out.. and from what I have read on here and other places, the lift kit should take care of that... even the local HD shop told me they have installed a ton of them.. and that takes care of the bottoming out problem..

Old 04-09-2018, 08:49 PM
splicer
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What brand armrests ???

I just got a 2016 tri glide and wife wanting armrests installed. Is there one better than the others? All seem to get mixed reviews.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:57 AM
Packers-FLSTC
Intermediate
Default Tri-Glide arm rest

We have a 2014 TG with just over 20,000 miles. My wife has ridden the majority of those miles with me and is totally happy with the comfort and safety of the arm rests that come on the bike. I did add a backrest for myself, which she feels adds greatly to her comfort. She no longer feels like she is my backrest.
I did add this cup holder, which attaches to the arm without any drilling.
Ciro Drink Holder Passenger Perch Mount '14-up Harley-Davidson, Chrome 50422 found this on Amazon.
Good luck

Old 05-25-2018, 07:14 PM
rharbick
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Exclamation Final on my Cooling Problem

Well, it ended up being a bad Cooling Pump after all. Harley finally allowed Atlanta Harley to replace it under warranty and it’s been purring along fine ever since. Really just irritates me that Harley Corporate wouldn’t let them replace it when they first wanted too and saved me all the heartburn and wasted time and trips.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:41 PM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by rharbick
Well, it ended up being a bad Cooling Pump after all. Harley finally allowed Atlanta Harley to replace it under warranty and it’s been purring along fine ever since. Really just irritates me that Harley Corporate wouldn’t let them replace it when they first wanted too and saved me all the heartburn and wasted time and trips.
Welcome.
Sugar Hill, Ga here (about 45 miles N of Atlanta).

Old 06-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Packers-FLSTC
Intermediate

While visiting with the Harley team at Daytona Bike Week in March, I learned that HD had recently added a new service part number for a Reverse Motor Rebuild Kit. Had that kid installed when I returned to my home town and it is working find. Instead of the originally quoted replacement price of $1550 it was a much more manageable $300.00.

The following 2 users liked this post by Packers-FLSTC:
badintn (06-04-2018), Oogie Wa Wa (06-11-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 07:24 AM
Donald Huson
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 - I got a code and cant find it anywhere. It would start run for a few seconds and die.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:27 AM
COFLHTK
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Tip sensor is out of alignment.

The following users liked this post:
5wheels (07-04-2018)

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes