Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

enclosed trailer for a trike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 01:16 PM
wannabe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default enclosed trailer for a trike?

My wife is considering giving up her '12 cvo street glide for a trike, my question is I would need a new trailer to pull behind our RV. sometimes we like to haul them so we can camp also, other times we ride cross country and hotel it. Any way does any one have any idea what size enclosed trailer it would take to haul a trike and an ultra limited? not sure you can get them side by side in a trailer, thinking they may have to go in line, which would mean an even longer trailer. Any help would be appreceiated.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I would think a 7x14 double axle trailer would fit the bill nicely.

Rax

Old 05-14-2014, 05:04 PM
wannabe
Cruiser

I have a 7 x 10 now that I put our SG and Limited on but not real sure how much room a trike is gonna take up. So you think I can stagger the trike and Limited in a 7x14? I really don't want to go much longer than that, thats for sure, I would hate to have to put them in single file, I would be looking at and 16 footer or more. Was hoping I could figure out how to get them to fit in a 7 x 12 but don't think thats gonna be feasable.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Sapman
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Just ordered a 6'7"X18' with a 2' "V" nose. I'm planning to put them end-to-end with the trike up front. Been looking for a couple of years for the right trailer and finally ordered what I feel will work. Advise I got from a trucker was narrower/longer is better than wider/shorter. Good luck.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:38 AM
jlgale
Tourer

I got a Haulmark V-Nose 7x16' Low Hauler motorcycle trailer. We also sometimes pull behind our RV. We haul a TG and Heritage. Now I wish I had gotten an 8'x16'. The TG takes up a lot of width!

Old 05-15-2014, 05:53 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an 8x12 Haulmark V Low Rider Nose MC Trailer with a Dove Tail. I can guarantee you that you can't haul a TG and another bike in it. I do believe I would want a 16 footer.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:55 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sapman
Just ordered a 6'7"X18' with a 2' "V" nose. I'm planning to put them end-to-end with the trike up front. Been looking for a couple of years for the right trailer and finally ordered what I feel will work. Advise I got from a trucker was narrower/longer is better than wider/shorter. Good luck.
You might be a little on the narrow side getting the TG in that trailer.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:01 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
I have an 8x12 Haulmark V Low Rider Nose MC Trailer with a Dove Tail. I can guarantee you that you can't haul a TG and another bike in it. I do believe I would want a 16 footer.
+1 Not a Triglide but it shows there is no more room at the inn with a 8x12.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:43 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I purchased a 16' with a 3' V nose for the wife's Tri Glide and My Electra Glide. They go end to end with about a foot between them. This gives enough room for wheel chocks. The trike goes in the trailer nose. You might be able to get away with less if you back the trike in and get some overlap. We chose to go longer and the other side folds out into a camper and wanted to move between the bikes while loaded. Don't count on the reverse backing up the trailer ramp. I think that is a bit much to ask on a regular basis.

Last edited by Flintshooter54; 05-15-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:48 PM
wannabe
Cruiser

well she pulled the trigger tonight on the trike deal traded her '12 cvo SG with 27,000miles on a '14 triglide, she loves the idea of all the extra storage but little apprehensive about wether she will miss the two wheels carving the curves. Guess now the hunt is really on for a different trailer was hoping i could get away with a 14 footer but looks like I will definetly have to go to a 16 footer. Thanks for all the advice and the pictures too. Sure would have thought it would have fit easily in a 6 foot wide trailer till we got this beast in the garage, it is kinda wide.

Quick Reply: enclosed trailer for a trike?