Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-rg3-and-freewheeler-models-151/)
-   -   New 'goodies' (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-rg3-and-freewheeler-models/1007880-new-goodies.html)

screwball 10-27-2014 09:37 PM

New 'goodies'

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got some goodies installed that I purchased when I bought my trike. Sissy bar, rear bumper, luggage rack, and drivers backrest. Stopped on the way home from the dealer for a late breakfast. Backrest makes one hell of a difference in comfort!

ZD 10-27-2014 10:19 PM

I sat on a Freewheeler and thought the seat was horrid! Are you using the stock seat? I can sure understand the difference with the backrest!

Casper 10-27-2014 11:59 PM

Nice! Bumper should be standard

screwball 10-28-2014 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by ZD (Post 13362551)
I sat on a Freewheeler and thought the seat was horrid! Are you using the stock seat? I can sure understand the difference with the backrest!

When I first saw a 'Free' I thought the same thing. Seat looks like the old Sundowner seat that was on Wife's Nightrain. Like I said about the Tri-Glide seat, I must be fortunate to have a butt shaped like the guy that designs Harley seats. It is very comfortable to me. Backrest really helps this old man, makes me sit straight and I don't have to hold on so tight.

Casper, I agree about the bumper being stock, but Harley didn't put one on the Tri-Glide either. Just some of those 'accessories' that us Harley Snobs like to purchase. . . . helps keep them in business I guess.

DK Custom 10-28-2014 03:04 PM

Know what you mean...I can't ride too far without a backrest.

Good to see your enjoying the Freewheeler!

Casper 10-28-2014 10:41 PM

I meant on all trikes, not just the FW...

ZD 10-29-2014 08:36 AM

I'd love to have a backrest! 65 year old bones get kinda ragged after a while. Wifey says "NO! You ain't gonna shoe-horn my <censored> into that little space!" She tucks her hands down and gives me some lumbar support, but some of our friends tell her it kinda looks like she's ... errr ... ummmm ... Having a nice time with herself. *Cough*

I'm thinking I'm gonna get a tourpack relocation kit so she's got more room, then make another run at the backrest idea!

And I agree on the bumper! The 2011 came with tons of bells & whistles (It was a turn-in at 400 miles... Original buyer wanted a red one instead!), but it did NOT have a bumper. I thought it looked naked & vulnerable, so I got a factory one.

screwball 10-29-2014 03:04 PM

Neither our 09 or '11 Tri's came with bumper, we ordered them when we bought the trikes. The dealer gave us $600 credit for 'goodies' and provided free installation. Bumper was the first thing we added. When we bought the 'Free' all I could picture was me backing into a curb and crunching the plastic.

The '09 and '11 came with a CB but no GPS. The '14 came with GPS but no CB. Reverse was an option on the '09, standard on all others. Just like cars.

WRE4U 10-29-2014 03:44 PM

Looks nice!!....I tried a "Free" at the demo days, could not get used to having no windshield. That would be my first add on