Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-rg3-and-freewheeler-models-151/)
-   -   how fast do you run your tri-glide (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-rg3-and-freewheeler-models/1071857-how-fast-do-you-run-your-tri-glide.html)

neon65 10-06-2015 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by DK Custom (Post 14456376)
Getting good MPG out of a Stage I is a combination of:

Riding style and a proper Stage I. A good tune, exhaust & air cleaner that do not rob power or MPG.

All Stage I's are Not created equal. You can see an overview on Stage I's HERE.

I ride fairly aggressively, which eats more gas than needed for traveling any particular stretch of road. I still run in the 36-38 mpg range most of the time.

Even on long trips, where I am fully loaded, and have thousands of miles running 80-90 into a headwind, I still average in the 33 mpg area.

ZD, send me an email at Support@DKCustomProducts.com asking me to send you a Power Vision tune for your 2011 TG. I will get it to you and I think you will be pleased by a nice bump in power AND MPG.

Of course, to get the best, you will also need to address your exhaust and A/C, if they have issues.

Kevin,
I have an outlaw filter, V&H power duals, V&H mufflers, TTS-100 cams, Black Ops lifters, and tuned with PV.

I was getting 27 MPG stock and still getting 27 MPG with all the mods.

Thats why I'm thinking injectors or ??

Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance....Jim

Great pictures of the ride........

DK Custom 10-06-2015 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by neon65 (Post 14459114)
Kevin,
I have an outlaw filter, V&H power duals, V&H mufflers, TTS-100 cams, Black Ops lifters, and tuned with PV.

I was getting 27 MPG stock and still getting 27 MPG with all the mods.

Thats why I'm thinking injectors or ??

Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance....Jim

Great pictures of the ride........

Email Support@DKCustomProducts.com with a request for a map from Kevin for a 2014 TG with outlaw filter, V&H power duals, V&H mufflers, TTS-100 cams, Black Ops lifters, and I'll get a tune to you that you can run some auto tunes on...see if we can get those MPG up, while keeping the power you have.

Which V&H mufflers are you running? Include that in the email also. You will probably benefit from having some Thunder Torque Inserts in them. See details on them HERE.

COFLHTK 10-06-2015 05:35 PM

My 2014 Tri has Fuel Moto Headpipe, Jackpot 4" mufflers, Fuel moto A/C, and a power vision. I consistently get 33mpg riding through the Colorado mountains. That's pretty good in my opinion.

Thor 10-21-2015 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by BornTexan (Post 14404523)
Runs best at about 70-72 in 6th....best MPG also. A lot of my 2 wheel buddies like to run 80-85. I tell 'em to jump out there, I know where we're going/staying. I'll be there maybe 7-10 minutes later and feel a whole lot safer.

8~\o

Mine seems happiest at 70 too....

Fearless (old nickname) 10-22-2015 07:01 PM

Old shiney does real well 70-75 but in a 55 I get aweful static on the intercom and I hear voices screaming in my head. When I figure out what causes noise this I will fix it maybe possibly Bride warning . ride safely fearless

WRE4U 10-29-2015 06:25 AM

Wife and I rode all day at 73 mph, stopped for gas twice, not a problem...she had a sore butt....the bike ran great....about 33 mpg

oldflyer 11-07-2015 09:39 AM

I have a stock 2011 with 48K; still getting 34-37 mpg depending on how I ride. I only use premium (93 octane) gas, rarely go over 70 mph (max. Interstate speed here).