Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-rg3-and-freewheeler-models-151/)
-   -   HD Exhaust Tips (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-rg3-and-freewheeler-models/1228959-hd-exhaust-tips.html)

zenom 04-18-2018 08:03 PM

HD Exhaust Tips

I have had friends say I should put some louder exhaust on the Tri Glide. Any recommendations? I definitely want to be heard. I am not out for performance, I just want people to know I am there. The dealer has the V & H kits they can put on.

Feedback appreciated.

-A

lah2420 04-18-2018 09:56 PM

First off, don't let your friends influence you into something you don't want. If the sound level is what you like, stick with it. That said, I have some Screamin Eagle Street Cannons on mine. A little louder than I expected, but I am used to them. Son and wife both said they know when I am coming down the road to the house.

LS Bob 04-19-2018 06:26 AM

Ditto what lah2420 said, it's your ride. Make it sound the way you want!
I put a decatted (stock) header on my 16 TG with V&H Twin Slash pipes. (I would have gone with a V&H header, but a friend had the decatted stock head pipe and gave it to me.)
I did that because of how much I liked the sound of that combo on other's bikes. Adding a high flow ac doesn't do much, in my opinion, but the breather kit (from DK) reroutes the exhaust recirc, which I like.
Bottom line is I was going for cooler (no-cat) and better sound than stock. The grin I get when I fire her up is the payoff.

zenom 04-19-2018 09:13 AM

I want it louder just not sure which way to do it. Are the tips enough, is it best to replace headers on back etc.

badintn 04-19-2018 10:11 AM

I had V&H Turndowns on mine and liked the deep base rumble a lot but currently have V&H Hi Outputs which I like a little better but advise installing a lift kit for clearance with them. I've heard the Twin Slashcuts before and was impressed. All three aren't too loud in my opinion but have a nice deep throaty sound that still allows me to talk to my wife and listen to the radio.

Geary Thomas 04-19-2018 12:06 PM

V&H Trike slip-on's for us.. Wife hears me coming...:icon_clapclap:

DK Custom 04-22-2018 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by zenom (Post 17287451)
I have had friends say I should put some louder exhaust on the Tri Glide. Any recommendations? I definitely want to be heard. I am not out for performance, I just want people to know I am there. The dealer has the V & H kits they can put on.

Feedback appreciated.

-A

Over the years I've run more different exhausts than I can count.

For a deep mellow sound, that does not irritate, even after 10 hour days, we've been running the Hi Roller Slip-ons. See more pics and details on them HERE.

You do not need to change headers, or remove the cat to get the good sound out of them.

Check out the video below of them-