Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-rg3-and-freewheeler-models-151/)
-   -   Tri Glide on a Trailer? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-rg3-and-freewheeler-models/614486-tri-glide-on-a-trailer.html)

427Dave 02-27-2011 02:38 PM

Tri Glide on a Trailer?

Anyone out there have any recomendations on a trailer to carry my Tri Glide. I have a Kendon single bike trailer that I am going to sell as the trike will not fit on it. I need a trailer that will fold up for storage. I am not allowed to store trailers outside the garage.

I sent Kendon an email on their recommendation and they said they do Not have a trailer for a trike, but they are working on designing one and have one proto type that may become available soon.

Also the $3000 + price seems a little much.

Thanks for suggestions.

Dave

VTwin-Goodies 02-27-2011 04:18 PM

Welcome to the forum. Lots of different and cool people to meet here. You are in the right place. :)

Casper 02-27-2011 07:05 PM

Aluma TK1. But they don't fold up

Keystone 02-28-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Casper (Post 7978759)
Aluma TK1. But they don't fold up

If I was going to buy a trailer to pull my TG on, that would be my choice too.

oldmsocko 02-28-2011 10:53 AM

I just recently purchased a Haulmark Low Hauler MC trailor and it appears to be a decent trailor.

pork 03-03-2011 12:55 AM

we have a good one

We use a Kendon two bike trailer for my wife's TriGlide, and it works great. I moved one of the wheel chocks to the center. I also bought two aluminum ramps at Lowe's for the rear wheels. They are the kind that are raised in the middle, which avoids any chance that the middle of the trike will bottom out on the rear edge of the trailer. I use the Kendon ramp for the front wheel. It drives on and off like a dream, and I can even push it on by hand with my wife on board. Maybe you can find a used one.

I tie it on with the straps that came with the trailer, usually one on the front wheel and three on each side, but that's probably overkill. It tows like a dream, and the trike doesn't bounce around at all. I've done it with and without the stone guard. I carry the two new ramps on the trailer, stowed underneath the trike and tied down, with the original ramp stowed on its original mount under the trailer.

I will attach some pictures if I can figure out how. If there are no pictures attached, send me an email and I will email them to you.

moondog99 03-03-2011 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A standard 5 x 10 utility trailer will do just fine and they dont cost more than $900 for the heavy duty model with a 3500 lbs axel. Plus you can use it for other things when you need a trailer. I understand you can not keep it at your house but maybe you and a buddy can split the cost and he can keep it at his house. HOA can be a pain, one of the main reasons I moved to the country.

Buddy WMC 03-03-2011 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by moondog99 (Post 7993873)
A standard 5 x 10 utility trailer will do just fine and they dont cost more than $900 for the heavy duty model with a 3500 lbs axel. Plus you can use it for other things when you need a trailer. I understand you can not keep it at your house but maybe you and a buddy can split the cost and he can keep it at his house. HOA can be a pain, one of the main reasons I moved to the country.

This is similar to the trailer ours was a 12x6 that we rented from a local dealer for our trip to Doc's Performance. Towed like a dream, but be careful loading. We needed 2x4's under the ramp and under the jack. We also had to jack the trailer up in the front while still hitched up to get a better angle to keep from draggging the exhausts. The dealer here quoted me $1200.00 with some options like built in tie down points, a spare tire and an aluminum floor vs the standard wood.

bronxbill 03-03-2011 11:21 AM

I would be a little careful of using a 5x10, that only leaves you 3 inches on either side of the fenders. It the trike moves sideways, you'll have fender damage

oldmsocko 03-03-2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by bronxbill (Post 7994868)
I would be a little careful of using a 5x10, that only leaves you 3 inches on either side of the fenders. It the trike moves sideways, you'll have fender damage

The smallest I would even consider would be a 6X10.