Vance & Hines Vance & Hines is product design and manufacturing company that produces high quality, high margin Performance Products within the Powersports industry.

ProPipe Quiet Baffle

Old 07-14-2016, 08:23 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,214 Likes on 1,250 Posts
Default ProPipe Quiet Baffle

Greetings,

Have a ProPipe with FP3 and newly installed Andrews 57H cams.

Even before the cam install, I found the exhaust a smidge loud. How effective are the Quiet Baffles? Aside from an assumed quieter exhaust, any downsides to this unit? Any negative effects on performance, mileage, etc.?

Old 04-11-2017, 07:02 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,214 Likes on 1,250 Posts

Follow up.....

Ordered the Quiet Baffles through Fuel Moto last July. There was an issue with fitment. Contacted V&H and they said they would warrantee it. They also mentioned they had a new design coming out. Told them I'd wait for the new design. After a lot of back and forth waiting, finally received it Jan. Gotta say, the people I spoke with at V&H were great. There were many delays in producing the new QB and they always offered to send me a current version of the baffle, and when the new one was ready they would also send me the new one. Didn't see the sense in that, but I appreciated the offer. Again, very satisfied with the customer service folks I had interacted with. Their production team could use a lesson in commitment timeliness, but CS....they rocked. Anyway, installed it and 2 things happened....

Exhaust is now quieter and I like the tone. I like the idle sound and at speed, I'm not getting the hammering sound that I would experience in 6th at 3k+ rpm (highway speed). That hammering sound would give me a headache when touring, and I wear a flip up helmet. Ear plugs would be a must also. Also, my neighbors are not giving me stink eye anymore.

Lost some power. The power loss is not making me happy, especially considering all the work that went into the cam install. Definitely lost some zing. Bike feels neutered to some degree. I'm now contemplating other exhaust options that provide performance and are not loud. I'll probably deal with it for now since I'm planning a Road King purchase at some point in the near future and can't see dropping more into my bike, but overall....not happy with the performance aspect.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:37 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,941 Likes on 2,163 Posts

So, I'm a little confused as to which baffle you ended up installing. Was the baffle you received in January the newest design or not. Also, do you know the part number? I thought I found it, part #21096, but when I called Vance and Hines, they told me it was part #21903.

Here's what I found:

21903 - which looks like the old style quiet baffle

21096 - which sort of looks like the competition baffle, but different

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Oh, which bike do you have because that might make a difference.