Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Vance & Hines (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vance-and-hines-178/)
-   -   Trouble with FP3, bluetooth and app crashing (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vance-and-hines/1179234-trouble-with-fp3-bluetooth-and-app-crashing.html)

missedem 05-29-2017 12:31 AM

Trouble with FP3, bluetooth and app crashing

I have just recently started having problems with using my FP3. I updated to a new android phone recently and on my old phone the fp3 worked fine. Today when I was doing a final auto tune (or trying to) my fp3 app crashed repeatedly. And the bluetooth kept losing and reconnecting to the fp3. I uninstalled and reinstalled the fp3 app. Updated all the firmware to the fp3. Finally got a tune to work but it was very limited since the problems with the fp3 app and bluetooth kept cropping up. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this problem . No luck so far. Bluetooth wont work consistently and even after re-installing app, rebooting phone, turning off bike and phone and rebooting phone and turning bike back on etc. I am very frustrated . I love the fp3 , I just want it to work properly again. Thank you . Richard

Sam D. 05-30-2017 05:16 PM

Same with me today,,, I am Pissed
I sent Feedback with Data to them today when the App came up with an Error about 3 times,,, damn thing either can't find the VIN when you fire up the App, or when I try to do go from one screen to the other the App crashes...

vanceandhines 05-30-2017 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by missedem (Post 16282478)
I have just recently started having problems with using my FP3. I updated to a new android phone recently and on my old phone the fp3 worked fine. Today when I was doing a final auto tune (or trying to) my fp3 app crashed repeatedly. And the bluetooth kept losing and reconnecting to the fp3. I uninstalled and reinstalled the fp3 app. Updated all the firmware to the fp3. Finally got a tune to work but it was very limited since the problems with the fp3 app and bluetooth kept cropping up. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this problem . No luck so far. Bluetooth wont work consistently and even after re-installing app, rebooting phone, turning off bike and phone and rebooting phone and turning bike back on etc. I am very frustrated . I love the fp3 , I just want it to work properly again. Thank you . Richard

There was a bug introduced within the Android OS that is causing issues with connecting to the bluetooth module. We discovered it mostly effects Android 7.0+. If you are using 7.1.1 then upgrade to 7.1.2. We are currently creating an update and should be released by the end of the week for the the other versions. If you need immediate access to flashing the bike, use an iOS (Apple) device and you will be good to go.

missedem 05-30-2017 06:06 PM

Thank you for the heads up. I will try to upgrade and will be on the lookout for the bug fix. I love the fp3

missedem 05-30-2017 06:12 PM

Well no upgrade is available for my phone and unfortunately I have 7.0 Android. Thank you for your help with this matter. I will have to wait for the bug fix.

Sam D. 05-30-2017 06:18 PM

7.1 & 7.1.2 Android OS is only available for certain Android devices,,, not my Galaxy S7 Edge which is also 7.0 ..If I'm able to get my Original Stock Map re-flashed,,, I see a Power Vision in my future.

scooper321 05-30-2017 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sam D. (Post 16287868)
7.1 & 7.1.2 Android OS is only available for certain Android devices,,, not my Galaxy S7 Edge which is also 7.0 ..If I'm able to get my Original Stock Map re-flashed,,, I see a Power Vision in my future.

I don't follow your logic. It's obviously an Android issue, not a V&H issue. So why would you ditch the FP3? Are you not otherwise happy with the FP3? If not, then changing makes sense. But if you're changing because of an Android Bluetooth issue, that's crazy. It's unrelated. It would make more sense to ditch your droid for an iPhone.

Uncle Fuzzy 05-30-2017 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sam D. (Post 16287868)

I feel your pain..
Not quite there yet tho since they already have my 300 bux.
Never has ran very good since my cam upgrade and install of the FP3.
First they told me to run the stage 1 map no change was needed for Andrews 48s.
Then another tech says no and sends me an adjusted map and says auto tune it.
So I do...never got one green cell ever...all orange.
Called again they said run three autotune sessions and hit finish.
Still no green cells.
I send them the autotune map.
They say You have an intake leak or possibly exhaust.
Changed the TB seals and exhaust gaskets(again) and checked all with an incense stick. No smoke movement at all.
Still runs rich and throws codes for for front n rear.
They send ANOTHER adjusted map.
That is the one I was currently auto tuning and now I can't get into the autotune because of the Bluetooth issue.
It never ends...

I understand that you can now share maps so if anyone has a reworked map for Andrews 48s, open K&N, and a Rush full 2 into 1 or similar that they want to share I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Sam D. 05-30-2017 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by scooper321 (Post 16288326)
I don't follow your logic. It's obviously an Android issue, not a V&H issue. So why would you ditch the FP3? Are you not otherwise happy with the FP3? If not, then changing makes sense. But if you're changing because of an Android Bluetooth issue, that's crazy. It's unrelated. It would make more sense to ditch your droid for an iPhone.

Well, since the Android 7.0 Update just came out on 5/23/17 & this reply from V&H's saying update to 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 was not really a viable option... Being blindsided Flashing a different Map not knowing there's a problem between your phone/App/Tuner, your bike running like shit now, I guess you'd be okay with it? Thanks for your 2 cents

scooper321 05-30-2017 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sam D.
Well, since the Android 7.0 Update just came out on 5/23/17 & this reply from V&H's saying update to 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 was not really a viable option... Being blindsided Flashing a different Map not knowing there's a problem between your phone/App/Tuner, your bike running like shit now, I guess you'd be okay with it? Thanks for your 2 cents

Lighten up. I never said love with a crappy tune. Jesus, misunderstand much?

What I said was the logic didn't make sense. Put the blame where the blame is: on the phone's OS. If you want to fix the problem, change the problem part. The OS. If you can't do that, change the phone. You're not fixing the problem by going to another tuner, you're avoiding it. You're just ditching Bluetooth altogether - which is your right to do. I wasn't debating your right to use the tuner of your choice. I was just discussing your rationale. If you're uncomfortable discussing your logic, maybe you should rethink it before you share it.

And you're welcome for my 2 cents. That's what these forums are... everyone sharing their pocket change.