Vance & Hines Vance & Hines is product design and manufacturing company that produces high quality, high margin Performance Products within the Powersports industry.

Fuel Pak 3 - Ready to throw in trash

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 05:59 PM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Vhcneely
It was not known when initially pushed out. I'm sorry that you have had to wait a couple of days, but we have been working feverishly to release these updates. Technically it was available in 2 days, but Android has yet to be released, we are still waiting approval. I have been traveling this past week and was behind on the app emails. I am the sole responder for those, and sometimes I cannot always answer on the weekend.

This is not as simple as push a couple buttons on keyboard and, "voila!". The table locations, sizes and trims were all changed. This takes an incredible amount of development work to go through and decipher tables in hexidecimal. Even if you are proficient is hex code, there is 24k to go through. Then firmware must be updated which is over 17,000 lines of code. Then we must enable the application to handle everything which a whole other beast within itself. This 3-tier process is incredibly arduous but in the end makes a very simple process for you, the customer, to interact with the bike's ECM.

We believe it was more important for customers to ride their bike with a base map and make adjustments without AutoTune, than to wait 2 weeks and not be able to run at all. Neither is a good situation, but all will be handled within the next couple of days.
Everything he stated makes complete sense. OP hold your horses people/employees have more going on than just one issue. Give them a second, help them help you.

Last edited by skid_pimp; 06-29-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Vhcneely
It was not known when initially pushed out. I'm sorry that you have had to wait a couple of days, but we have been working feverishly to release these updates. Technically it was available in 2 days, but Android has yet to be released, we are still waiting approval. I have been traveling this past week and was behind on the app emails. I am the sole responder for those, and sometimes I cannot always answer on the weekend.

This is not as simple as push a couple buttons on keyboard and, "voila!". The table locations, sizes and trims were all changed. This takes an incredible amount of development work to go through and decipher tables in hexidecimal. Even if you are proficient is hex code, there is 24k to go through. Then firmware must be updated which is over 17,000 lines of code. Then we must enable the application to handle everything which a whole other beast within itself. This 3-tier process is incredibly arduous but in the end makes a very simple process for you, the customer, to interact with the bike's ECM.

We believe it was more important for customers to ride their bike with a base map and make adjustments without AutoTune, than to wait 2 weeks and not be able to run at all. Neither is a good situation, but all will be handled within the next couple of days.
It's nice to see manufacturers on here answering customer questions. Shows you guys care. Well done sir.

The following 2 users liked this post by Wide Open Cycles:
AG808 (05-13-2020), chilidipper (12-14-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 01:54 PM
jhblaze1
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Ended up using the Power Vision. Ran a long auto tune session yesterday and it's running great. The Autotune didn't get as much decel popping out as I'd hoped for but otherwise it's running awesome.

When the FP3 app update comes out, I'll try doing the same with it and see which product gives me a better map.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:47 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

FP3 app updated yesterday on Android. Have not had time to try it yet, but posting as an FYI.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:06 PM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by dandrumheller
FP3 app updated yesterday on Android. Have not had time to try it yet, but posting as an FYI.
Waiting 10 days was too much for him....

The following users liked this post:
grinner (12-29-2017)
Old 07-01-2018, 12:03 PM
djlogan33
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Email from V&H tech...
AUTOTUNE INSTRUCTIONS (only use if needed after 1-2 tanks of fuel with Base Map)
Be advised that while AUTOTUNE is active the bike will not perform optimally.
The AFR table is not optimized, and the cranking fuel/accel enrichment are turned off.
This may translate into poor cold start performance, erratic idle, poor throttle response, and general ride quality issues.
These will resolve once you ‘Finish’ the AUTOTUNE.
Letting the bike fully warmup before riding while AUTOTUNE is active will help to slightly diminish some of these symptoms.
1) Go to the AUTOTUNE tab in the main menu of the app.

2) Select a base map from which to start (select whichever slot your correct map is in, most likely slot 1 if this is a brand new FP3.

3) Select ‘Quick Setup'

4) It will have you flash the bike to run AUTOTUNE, follow the in app instructions (i.e. bike off for 30 seconds, etc.)

5) Once AUTOTUNE is active, you'll want to break it down into 3 sessions, approx. 20-30 minutes each.

6) After your first 20-30 minute session, open the app and go into the AUTOTUNE section. Select 'Apply Learned Values' and 'Apply'. This will take the data learned and store it, allowing for more data to be collected.

7) After the second 20-30 minute session do the same thing - ‘Apply Learned Values’ and then ‘Apply'.

8) After the 3rd total session, select 'Apply Learned Values’ and then select 'Finish'. This will complete the AUTOTUNE, taking everything learned from each 'Apply' and will build the map/put it into a new slot.

Last edited by djlogan33; 07-01-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Nitro 54
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

If your trying to get rid of decal pop, go into your downloaded map and find the part with the firecrackers to control the decal pop. I ended up adding 3 firecrackers and now no decal pop.
The decal pop was bad without the firecrackers.