Vance & Hines Vance & Hines is product design and manufacturing company that produces high quality, high margin Performance Products within the Powersports industry.

Diagnostic active keyboard disabled

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 09:02 AM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Diagnostic active keyboard disabled

Did some audio work yeaterday and when I was testing my new amp and speakers, I was turning the ignition switch to Access (Accessory ) so not to have additional draw of lights. When I would turn to Ignition, I would get the message Diagnostic active keyboard disabled on the HK head unit and couldnt use radio controls. Some online searches found others with the FP3 left attached would see too at various times. I could turn bike off and turn to Ignition and all would work/run fine but my wanting to play music at some point with less draw and off would get me the same message every time. I disconnected the FP3 and all works normal. I see this is an old problem based on searches

Old 01-14-2021, 08:21 AM
S_Pullman
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, you should check your motcycle with a diagnostic device. This is the easiest way to detect a problem. If you have a code problem, you will easily be able to find a solution on the Internet. When I have problems with the car, I always use a similar start strategy. Using a diagnostic device from thinkdiag.co.uk I find an error that has occurred in the system, then if I do not know how to solve this error, then I look at various guides on YouTube or read various posts on forums in order to understand how to fix this problem. I think if you follow the same strategy, then you can solve this problem. Good luck!