Vance & Hines Vance & Hines is product design and manufacturing company that produces high quality, high margin Performance Products within the Powersports industry.

What new features would you like to see the Fuelpak FP3 have?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 10:49 AM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by vanceandhines
Sorry for the delay, been traveling like crazy, had a national holiday, and am already swamped prepping for Sturgis in a few weeks.

New Firmware and App update is going out today and is live on the iOS, still waiting for the Google Play store to post the updated app. This contains some new updates, but I don't believe that the J1850 tables made it into this update unfortunately. Spoke with the developers and they are aware of the tables, but have been busy with a backlog of other fixes since we lost a few members of our team in the past few weeks.

Fuelpak Pro Dealer Sesrver will remain a dealer-only software for the foreseeable future.

I was thinking Cedric Diggory -> Sparkly Vampire -> Batman... I'm worried
Ive had the j1850 update for a couple weeks. Flashed my 2013 bike when I saw and solved my issues. Originally there were 125 maps and now lists 200

What new features would you like to see the Fuelpak FP3 have?-screenshot_2019-07-11-10-44-31.png

Old 07-11-2019, 03:57 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by GregGillette
Ive had the j1850 update for a couple weeks. Flashed my 2013 bike when I saw and solved my issues. Originally there were 125 maps and now lists 200

Attachment 599080
Great! Glad to hear it helped you out!

Old 07-12-2019, 05:32 AM
HotRod917
Road Warrior
Received 272 Likes on 205 Posts

I don't believe that the J1850 tables made it into this update unfortunately.

My bosses are looking at me strangely for typing right now...but we're kicking around the idea of allowing access to your personal bike on our CSR portal as a monthly subscription.

This would mean that for $X amount a month, So they would like me to ask all of you what you would be willing to pay for this type of service?
Let me try to put this as eloquently as I can to ur bosses Bryan..."HELL to the NO Vance and Hines.! We are not gonna pay anything for what should have been a mandatory part of the product in the first place.

*One - i purchase ur product for $3xx

*Second, after all the requesting..U don't give us the PC software which is ABSOLUTELY necessary..(no 2 ways about this, any advance user and tuner shop will tell u it's a must and u know it too...otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation)

*Three, U don't fix the basic flaws and important missing tables that i have been requesting and PLEADING u to fix for the past 2 YEARS now. Such a shame this is still not ur priority yet..but clearly u have enough time to update the UI (which is unappealing) and create 50+ of the same Map's for an exhuast type with various manufacturers name's jus to increase the number on the list.(link to the thread in the above posts where the Maps are compared)

*Now, as a half-hearted pity favor u wanna give access to ur online software environment and actually want us to PAY u $X AGAIN MONTHLY. Are u seriously kidding me n have completely lost it Vance and Hines.!
**(Before u say setting up the servers etc is an added expense n so on...remember we never wanted the online environment in the first place...We and the tuner shops just wanted a simple PC software, so we could Edit our Maps and Share them with our friend's if needed)..kudos for complicating things rather than simplifying them.

This was the final nail in the coffin for me bryan, utterly disappointed by the lack of fixes since 2 years and now with this paying monthly subscription idea. I know it really doesn't matter but u just lost me as a customer V&H. Hey Bryan Thank you for trying brother, much appreciated. Wishing u the best as always

FP3 #NEVERAGAIN

Power Vision here i come

P.s.
Yo, V&H bosses..ur looking at Bryan strangely huh? tell u what, let's play a game..Guess what finger I'm holding up.! Also plz stick ur subscription idea up one of ur exhuast's. Pro Pipe maybe.

'Good day gentleman.

Last edited by HotRod917; 07-12-2019 at 05:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rosefromashes (07-31-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 03:46 AM
SNDSLGR
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Update on a getting ABS bleed function?

Thanks

Old 07-13-2019, 07:44 PM
rozemab
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SNDSLGR

Thanks
+1

thanks for any updates!

Old 07-15-2019, 09:20 AM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SNDSLGR

Thanks
Originally Posted by rozemab
+1

thanks for any updates!
Had a long discussion about it at last week's meeting, and I need to sit down with my boss to lock down the Marketing sheet for the Electronics head.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:55 AM
rozemab
Cruiser

Good News you're making head-way!

fyi, This is a close competitor for the ABS functionality, except Code: READ does so much more...... (plus I don't need a dedicated android tablet!)

http://infotechmercenary.com/product...flush-utility/

Always good to keep a finger on the pulse of your competitors etc.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:15 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

OK....so am currently in my meeting and my bosses are looking at me strangely for typing right now...but we're kicking around the idea of allowing access to your personal bike on our CSR portal as a monthly subscription.

This would mean that for $X amount a month, you could access your private maps online, edit to your heart's content, then send it back to your app to be flashed into the bike. So they would like me to ask all of you what you would be willing to pay for this type of service?

No more stunners HotRod, I'm working towards getting this going for everyone, but we'll need to configure our server for the added traffic/maintenance and UI/login structure.

Bryan
Bryan,

What management is suggesting with a subscription based service to access their own personal maps/devices might come across as a bit greedy. I understand there is extra overhead but it's minimal and the infrastructure is already in place. If they don't want to provide the service free of charge to people who have purchased the FP3 then they should consider releasing desktop software for the end user, so that you are comparable with the likes of other dyno tuning products.

Another idea: give existing users free 6 month access w/ the option of continuing a paid subscription. Give new buyers an included 12 months w/ their purchase. Make what you offer online WORTH it.

Give users who purchase a wide band kit online access. I would have purchased the kit myself but since I'm not a dealer, I'd have no access online. And as much as I love using my iphone, it's too limited.

But to directly answer you as on price, maybe $1.99 a month. I know i wouldn't pay over that amount for my own personal use, and feel no one should have to pay it at all. I think what they are no understanding is the reason this is being asked for is because they offer no desktop; app, and the mobile apps are too limited (can't paste copy/paste multiple cells, etc.).

Old 07-19-2019, 04:29 PM
rozemab
Cruiser

One question. Can a fp3 have its vin lock removed ?

I thought it was permanently locked once paired with your bike. I asked because there is an eBay user claiming you can call and get the lock removed by v&h.

Does not pass the smell test IMOP.

Can you confirm if my understanding is correct?

Old 07-19-2019, 04:53 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rozemab
One question. Can a fp3 have its vin lock removed ?

I thought it was permanently locked once paired with your bike. I asked because there is an eBay user claiming you can call and get the lock removed by v&h.

Does not pass the smell test IMOP.

Can you confirm if my understanding is correct?
Correct, you cannot remove the VIN lock on any FP3. Now if it was plugged in to look at live data, and a tune was never flashed to the bike, then it remains unlocked....though I would hardly doubt that's the case. Don't buy it, sounds sketch.

Bryan

Quick Reply: What new features would you like to see the Fuelpak FP3 have?