Vance & Hines Vance & Hines is product design and manufacturing company that produces high quality, high margin Performance Products within the Powersports industry.

What new features would you like to see the Fuelpak FP3 have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 12:37 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

The fuelpak 3 is a great option and we sell lots of them. If you need one please contact me via PM or call the shop and I can price it for you.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:39 AM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I would like to know why on every map I've downloaded (and autotune maps) the only afr values are 14.4-13.1 and 13.0. they are in slightly different places BUT to fine tune it takes forever to adjust each colum.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:40 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Vhcsr
The purpose of this thread is to determine what new features the HD Forums community would like to see coming out on the Fuelpak FP3.

If you are shopping for a fuel management system for your CAN-bus equipped Harley Davidson, what feature(s) would push you over the edge to buy a Fuelpak FP3?

-V&H
I've had mine for the last few months and have really enjoyed it. I look forward to increased options via firmware updates.

Like many, I jumped into this tuner expecting to see modest and reasonable improvements following a stage 1 and I have. Still, like many HD junkies I'm now considering a cam upgrade to an andrews57. Once I do this am I SOL? Do I conduct another auto tune (and will it help), or do I simply wait until this is addressed via firmware? Or if none of that is going to happen soon then do I buy a Powervision and junk my FP3 since it's married to my bike?

I'm not complaining, I knew what I was buying into but didn't expect the upgrade bug to come so soon

Old 11-29-2014, 12:03 PM
Coat-This
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
I've had mine for the last few months and have really enjoyed it. I look forward to increased options via firmware updates.

Like many, I jumped into this tuner expecting to see modest and reasonable improvements following a stage 1 and I have. Still, like many HD junkies I'm now considering a cam upgrade to an andrews57. Once I do this am I SOL? Do I conduct another auto tune (and will it help), or do I simply wait until this is addressed via firmware? Or if none of that is going to happen soon then do I buy a Powervision and junk my FP3 since it's married to my bike?

I'm not complaining, I knew what I was buying into but didn't expect the upgrade bug to come so soon
Ditto....

Old 12-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Here is a list of changes coming for the FP3.
November Release Notes
The following changes will soon be available to the public as Android app version
1.8.4 and iOS app version 1.3.6. These apps will trigger a firmware update to 1.8.4.
The CSR site should be live on Monday 11/24. The Android app will be released
once the CSR site is live and the iOS app will be available after Apple approval.
883 to 1200 upgrades – a user can now perform the ECU update for this engine
upgrade with an FP3. Available in the US only (no international).
Idle rpm can now go down to 800 (this was a request from Japan). Warning of
possible engine damage if rpm is set below 900 (HD says oil pressure is too low
below 900 rpm.)
Changed order of demo mode: newest bikes first. Added 1200 Sportster to demo.
Many new tables – We’ve added about 50 new tables/parameters which cover
almost all aspects of operation. There are still a few tables the “other guys” show
that we do not (Dynojet shows “injector gas constant” but does not explain it and
says to not change it. TTS shows 2 more tables and 6 more parameters – we will
add those soon.) These tables are available in the app and the CSR site (previously
some tables were available to the CSR but not in the app). Table names are listed
below; new tables are italicized. Tables for cam adjustments are now available
(intake valve opening and closing angles, Front and rear charge dilution effect). We
do not have cam maps available yet, but soon. In the future we will make the
camshaft adjustments much easier.
Air/Fuel:
front/rear VE,
AFR,
throttle progressivity (primary and secondary)
Throttle table switchover gear
Acceleration,
Deceleration,
F/R charge dilution,
Closed loop range,
closed loop activation temp,
closed loop deactivation temp,
Map load normalization,
intake valve opening/closing angles,
Adaptive control min temp
Spark:
F/R spark,
spark vs. engine temp, spark vs. air temp,
spark vs. head temp,
adaptive knock retard,
max knock retard,
knock control activation temp,
knock control deactivation temp,
idle spark gain,
idle spark max,
F/R closed throttle spark,
Closed throttle spark max tps.
Performance mode:
PE afr,
PE spark,
PE disable rpm,
PE enable RPM,
PE disable TPS,
PE enable TPS,
Startup/Idle:
cranking fuel,
warmup enrichment,
iac crank steps vs. temp,
iac crank to run,
iac warmup,
idle rpm.
Active exhaust
First gear
Second gear
Third gear
Fourth gear
General:
Rev limit,
injector size,
MPG adjustment,
engine displacement,
Gear ratios (first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth)
System switches:
ACR,
Jiffy stand,
active intake,
active exhaust.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:48 AM
cm ride
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you have any re-furbs? for those of us on a budget?

Last edited by cm ride; 12-04-2014 at 12:01 PM. Reason: added comment
Old 01-23-2015, 05:12 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Well as many on this forum know I did end up changing my cams and V&H came to the table in a big way by building me a map for the Andrews 57h. Rode for the first 40 miles the other day and the map is even better than the one from stock!

I don't understand half the tables so probably won't get into them, but here is what I would consider to be some good "opportunities"

1. While understanding what the FP3 or any tuner is intended for is a good thing, some may still want to get a professional tune done by a reputable operator. The other main competitors allow the operator to tune using those devices and saves to them. It would be cool if this type of functionality were available with the FP3. I know that the maps we're given coupled with autotune probably get you pretty darn close but for those that just want to go one step further... Well it would take a lot of the impetus to buy a different tuner away.

2. I don't know the physics if this is even possible. But for those of us with ego problems and knowing that we can't currently tune through an operator, is there a way for the FP3 to let us know what kind of curves (relative to Dynojet) our bikes are putting out? HP, TQ that kind of thing? Probably pretty useless info I know.

Again, thanks for the incredible help, I love my bike more than ever now and my FP3 has made it better.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I would like the ability to calibrate the speedometer to make it accurate like the power vision.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:25 AM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

So, I'm in the market. see its available on Amazon, do you offer a military discount? Or do you have a promo code.

I'm not sure what to ask for never having used the product. It seems a visit to my local Harley Dealer to get all us consumers in for a little one on one would be my request though.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:31 AM
motorend
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

I'd like to see it stay up to date with new models. The dyna model line all include the Python maps to download, but not the new Lowrider model. Released in 2014.5, the FP3 still has not included those vin numbers for the Python exhaust line. I would also like to see other exhausts added to the FP3 that are outside of Vance and Hines. But for now, just update the software to include Python on the FXDL models.

Quick Reply: What new features would you like to see the Fuelpak FP3 have?