Vance & Hines Vance & Hines is product design and manufacturing company that produces high quality, high margin Performance Products within the Powersports industry.

What new features would you like to see the Fuelpak FP3 have?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 06:20 PM
rozemab
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Hello,

Do you have an ETA when the Code: READ tool will support ABS brake system for brake bleeding? I remember reading in a previous post that functionality was being tested.

I could really use it now!

The following users liked this post:
CVORGU (07-31-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 02:27 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by rozemab
Hello,

Do you have an ETA when the Code: READ tool will support ABS brake system for brake bleeding? I remember reading in a previous post that functionality was being tested.

I could really use it now!
No ETA as of yet, still trying to figure out the implementation and Marketing side of things. Also, we've essentially rewritten the entire app for the feature, and while the iOS is almost ready to go, the Android version needs to play catchup.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:48 PM
HotRod917
Road Warrior
Received 272 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by vanceandhines
No stunners! I like my job and am fairly certain that would be grounds for an unfortunate but epic dismissal..
True, n yea i don't want that to happen. Besides who would i talk to if u leave Bryan. Will say this brother "V&H is lucky to have you (based on the work ur doing and promoting the product).

The missing options issue effects All H-D J1850 platforms in the Fp3 (Touring, Softail and Dyna) not just the Sportsters. This is why i have always asked you to unify the options set and gray out the ones which cannot be accessible/useful for that particular platform.

So yes..ever since i got my Fp3, I've been given an option to adjust Active Exhuast (which was irrelevant for my sporty)..but not basic options like cranking fuel and warm-up enrichment. And still waiting on the fix 2 years in..So I'd say n ppl will agree that, my asking for stunners is pretty justified.

Question is "How was this soo overlooked and neglected in the first place" ..someone is responsible isn't it? Below is my email i sent you guys back in '17. The PE setting was mentioned among other obvious things..guess that adds to the overlooked for soo long question. Good to hear others have mentioned it too.

I know we've discussed a lot abt improvements and other things including UI changes Bryan. I just hope there is a major overhauled update coming soon. Sorry if im being a pain man, but it's just unacceptable by any standard, You gotta fix this brother. Period!

Btw great job on the dyno room Mapping video.

I generally have my bigwig meeting on Wednesdays, so I should hopefully hear about the general login tomorrow.
Any word on this?

Old 06-07-2019, 03:31 PM
claytortot213
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nvm

Nvm I don’t want to mess it up

Last edited by claytortot213; 06-07-2019 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:50 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by claytortot213
I talked to an FP3 tech yesterday who stated your team is looking into hiding flashes from the dealer to keep warranty intact. This true? If not please look into it.
I would be really.. really.. surprised. I doubt any of this.
I mean I’m completely guessing here.. but It also probably violates a couple of laws.

The following users liked this post:
HotRod917 (06-07-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 04:19 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HotRod917
True, n yea i don't want that to happen. Besides who would i talk to if u leave Bryan. Will say this brother "V&H is lucky to have you (based on the work ur doing and promoting the product).
Appreciate it man, who else is gonna make Batman jokes with me!

The missing options issue effects All H-D J1850 platforms in the Fp3 (Touring, Softail and Dyna) not just the Sportsters. This is why i have always asked you to unify the options set and gray out the ones which cannot be accessible/useful for that particular platform.

So yes..ever since i got my Fp3, I've been given an option to adjust Active Exhuast (which was irrelevant for my sporty)..but not basic options like cranking fuel and warm-up enrichment. And still waiting on the fix 2 years in..So I'd say n ppl will agree that, my asking for stunners is pretty justified.

Question is "How was this soo overlooked and neglected in the first place" ..someone is responsible isn't it? Below is my email i sent you guys back in '17. The PE setting was mentioned among other obvious things..guess that adds to the overlooked for soo long question. Good to hear others have mentioned it too.

I know we've discussed a lot abt improvements and other things including UI changes Bryan. I just hope there is a major overhauled update coming soon. Sorry if im being a pain man, but it's just unacceptable by any standard, You gotta fix this brother. Period!
Looks like there's a lot more digging I need to do on these missing tables. Will be a bit tricky as we essentially no longer own any J1850 bikes, save for one '08 FLHX, but I'll figure it out hopefully. I'm sorry that whoever spoke with you two years ago wasn't quite up to speed on the Fuelpak Pro development at the time.

Btw great job on the dyno room Mapping video.
https://youtu.be/8mdtX-48eZk
Thanks! I felt it was time that the Fuelpak Pro essentially had some form of video tutorial on top of the Instruction manual...which has led to me trying to do a new video of some sort almost every week. Not necessarily always Fuelpak/Fuelpak Pro related as this Friday's video is pretty heavy on Quiet Baffle installation for our Touring mufflers.

Any word on this?
New president of the company was out of town last week traveling with some our our Outside Sales reps out in the field, and it looks like the meeting will be next week due to a bunch of us in Marketing doing a video shoot in L.A.

Bryan
Brand Manager Electronics

Old 06-26-2019, 02:27 PM
HotRod917
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by vanceandhines
Appreciate it man, who else is gonna make Batman jokes with me!

Looks like there's a lot more digging I need to do on these missing tables.
Any positive progress on this Bryan? It's been 15+ days now..when can i expect the new fixed updates.

Any good news on the EU login. Have the suits agreed to this yet...its gonna be stunner time if they don't.

P.s.
robert pattinson as Batman.. vampire to bat huh...Meh

Last edited by HotRod917; 06-26-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:30 AM
HotRod917
Road Warrior

Nothing??

Old 07-09-2019, 04:16 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor

Sorry for the delay, been traveling like crazy, had a national holiday, and am already swamped prepping for Sturgis in a few weeks.

New Firmware and App update is going out today and is live on the iOS, still waiting for the Google Play store to post the updated app. This contains some new updates, but I don't believe that the J1850 tables made it into this update unfortunately. Spoke with the developers and they are aware of the tables, but have been busy with a backlog of other fixes since we lost a few members of our team in the past few weeks.

Fuelpak Pro Dealer Sesrver will remain a dealer-only software for the foreseeable future.

I was thinking Cedric Diggory -> Sparkly Vampire -> Batman... I'm worried

Old 07-10-2019, 05:43 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor

OK....so am currently in my meeting and my bosses are looking at me strangely for typing right now...but we're kicking around the idea of allowing access to your personal bike on our CSR portal as a monthly subscription.

This would mean that for $X amount a month, you could access your private maps online, edit to your heart's content, then send it back to your app to be flashed into the bike. So they would like me to ask all of you what you would be willing to pay for this type of service?

No more stunners HotRod, I'm working towards getting this going for everyone, but we'll need to configure our server for the added traffic/maintenance and UI/login structure.

Bryan

Quick Reply: What new features would you like to see the Fuelpak FP3 have?