Vance & Hines Vance & Hines is product design and manufacturing company that produces high quality, high margin Performance Products within the Powersports industry.

What new features would you like to see the Fuelpak FP3 have?

Old 08-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Vhcsr
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What new features would you like to see the Fuelpak FP3 have?

The purpose of this thread is to determine what new features the HD Forums community would like to see coming out on the Fuelpak FP3.

If you are shopping for a fuel management system for your CAN-bus equipped Harley Davidson, what feature(s) would push you over the edge to buy a Fuelpak FP3?

-V&H

Old 08-26-2014, 11:14 AM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Displacement choice, just not by year. Then some base maps on that.

More canned maps that would include the number one requested option, cams.

An A/F ratio overall changer. So if I use auto tune and I select my overall A/F ratio to be 13.8 at rpms of 2000-4500 then the auto tune would change the tables to fit that as you ride. It would be a perm flash after the riding session, but that would be an instant buy.

Here is another, the option to select your oil viscosity. Then select auto tune based on that. I know it wouldn't be a great difference, but viscosity does have an effect on engine drag somewhat.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:39 PM
2014streetglide
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

More maps for different exhaust and intake manufactures.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Vhcsr
Former Sponsor

@jpowell490- You can do this now with the AFR Tables.

The Autotune adjusts your VE tables to accurately describe the amount of air which flows into the engine. Once the ECU knows how much air is going in the engine, it can calculate the amount of fuel to spray into the cylinders to get the AFR described in the AFR table.
Do an autotune session. Go to View/Edit maps. Select your AutoTuned map. Go to your AFR table and click on 2000 rpm - this will highlight all the values in that row and bring up a box for you to specify what the new values should be. Type in 13.8 and press the check mark. Repeat this for each RPM row up to 4500.
Personally, I would go over to the load column and make the last two columns 12.9 (use the same method as earlier, just select the kPa value instead of RPM). High load conditions are safer if run a little richer, like 12.9.

What cams specifically have you been researching?

Old 08-31-2014, 01:43 PM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Numerous cams, Andrews 57's, Woods 888's, SE cams, just a lot of different ones.

Good thing is that most of these cams are universal on the Harley engines.

Thanks for the update. That makes my decision easier for sure. Glad to know the FuelPak is so versatile.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:56 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 555 Likes on 307 Posts

For us simpleton's Id like to be able to find my exact exhaust especially when Im running Vance and Hines Straight Shot's and same for the intake not just something that is close.
Thanks for a great product!

Old 09-20-2014, 08:23 PM
2011FXDC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014streetglide
More maps for different exhaust and intake manufactures.
THIS.......

..I have had 3 Fuelpaks on different bikes and really liked them. Especially the ease of use. The thing keeping me from getting an FP3 for my 2014 Ultra is the lack of a map for my specific exhaust set up..

Old 09-24-2014, 05:19 PM
06SGWA
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

How about throwing a users manual in the box?

The following users liked this post:
bmedeiros678 (11-03-2021)
Old 09-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Vhcsr
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2011FXDC
THIS.......

..I have had 3 Fuelpaks on different bikes and really liked them. Especially the ease of use. The thing keeping me from getting an FP3 for my 2014 Ultra is the lack of a map for my specific exhaust set up..

Nearly all exhaust combinations will be able to cross-reference with a Vance & Hines system. If something is vastly different, then you can use the AutoTune feature.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Vhcsr
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 06SGWA
How about throwing a users manual in the box?
Basic Installation instructions for iOS and Android devices are already included within the unit. Other features such as AutoTune and other Advanced Features have video support to assist users.

These negate the use of a users manual. However, a Technical Manual outlining every aspect and feature step-by-step, (if offered) would be available in a digital PDF format on the website. As it would be too large and cumbersome to fit in the current packaging.

Is this what you were speaking of?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What new features would you like to see the Fuelpak FP3 have?