Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Arc Moto DSP, MMats Pro Audio Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 05:50 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Review: Arc Moto DSP, MMats Pro Audio Speakers

I've been meaning to write a review on some new products. Two products we've been using with some success lately is the Arc Audio PSM DSP and the MMats pro audio speakers.

First lets talk speakers. At our shop, a competition audio focused shop the majority of our builds are multi speaker, multi amps with 10's, 8's, etc inside the bags. So when someone hears our bikes and then says what can you do for my bike with just fairing and tour pack pods that will come close to that....they make it really tough to deliver. Enter MMats! MMats is an audio brand that has been around for years mostly known for their made in the USA amps. Lucky for me they are about an hour or so north of me. A while back I visited their HQ's and received a tour of their facilities and saw how they build the amps from scratch BY hand. They have an amp the 6150 that is 6x 150 at 4ohm, 6 x250 at 2ohm and then channels 5 and 6 can go down to 500w x 2 at 1ohm. That's a 2000w amp of the highest sound quality. Thing with MMats is they are not a commercial brand, they are geared towards installers so you won't find much on them. I tried out their pro audio speakers and immediately knew they fit "somewhere" in my line up. They are not the loudest pro audio speakers, by comparision the DD VO 6.5 are louder ....the MMats however are the warmest sounding ones I've heard to date and rival the sound quality of Hertz SPL. These things are very nice. Two guys on the forum are currently running them. For this same bike we put those in the front with DD Horns cut into the fairing (I would not run these with tweeters, you need horns), and a set of AD CX62 in the back. I deleted the vid of the bike once it was complete but here's one as the customer drove off --- very happy. Not the best vid but give you an idea how loud the sound carries with them.

The next one is the Arc DSP PSM. We love this thing and have used it on just about every build in the last month and half. Now.....there is a HUGE learning curve to get it to sound "right". The DSP is tiny about the size of a pack of cigarettes, it fits anywhere. The software is very intuitive and easy to navigate. One big downside compared to full size DSP's is that it only has 6 channels so that means you can really only use 3 different types of speakers. What's neat though is you can use just one set of RCA's to the "input" and then send 3 sets of RCA's for all the "outputs". Now the part that everyone is curious about -- how hard is this thing. To be fully honest I did not like the sound of the base EQ settings it comes with. It's advertised that this setting flattens the headunit signal. However every speaker is different, every customer is different, etc. We've done a different map for every single bike we've done with it. I would not be comfortable saying this is plug and play, it takes some work. What I can say with confidence is that it sounds significantly better than a Line Leveler and when done correctly it sounds like a different head unit. The sound we've achieved is truly impressive. This is a quick vid of us mid-tuning a bike with four 6.5's, two horns, and two 10's.

Additionally, I know some guys have sent me some emails and calls that I have yet to answer or some have pending orders. I haven't forgotten about you guys...Im just swamped. I have a 9-5, then I spend all night at the shop. Doesn't leave me much time. I'll catch up with everyone this weekend. I'm super grateful and thankful for all the support here I hope you guys find the reviews and the new products useful. This is what myself and my partner are up against this weekend minus the trike that left yesterday!!! Oh and we have a T-Rex and a Slingshot coming in. SUBWOOFER TIME!!

Last edited by BaggerAudioLab; 04-07-2017 at 06:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
scumBAGGER (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 07:59 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Here is a pic of the MMats I'm using with the Arc PSM and D4 amp. The PSM is circled in red.

Attached Thumbnails Review: Arc Moto DSP, MMats Pro Audio Speakers-20170407_193413.jpg   Review: Arc Moto DSP, MMats Pro Audio Speakers-20170406_183804.jpg  

Last edited by matt76cmich; 04-07-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:38 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Brother it is just nothing but enjoyment to see all the r&d pay off. So happy to see ideas get followed through and become a reality. I tell you the dsp when 1st brought to light I knew had to be a addition to some line ups. Now seeing it alive and thriving makes all the effort and struggle worth while. Mmats are just a great addition as well. You and Henry have really made a great things happen in a very short time. Expect many more excellent things to come. 😀😀

Old 04-19-2017, 05:37 AM
bufbills
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Installing the Mmats (601.4s) tonight. Gave my 6.5 adapters to a buddy when I installed the 7.1s, and a new set is coming today. I have high hopes!

Old 04-19-2017, 07:05 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

Sweet! Let us know how you like them. Remember you want to run horns with those bad boys.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:16 AM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 505 Likes on 407 Posts

I just installed a set of MMats 601.4 and set of Audiopipe horns. All recommendations from Gannicus. I can't believe how good this set up sounds for the price. Loud, clear and hits hard. Love this setup and all thanks to Gannicus and this site!

Attached Thumbnails Review: Arc Moto DSP, MMats Pro Audio Speakers-matts.jpg   Review: Arc Moto DSP, MMats Pro Audio Speakers-mmats-2.jpg   Review: Arc Moto DSP, MMats Pro Audio Speakers-horns.jpg  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:24 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

I'm trying to tell folks, these speakers are fantastic and the MMats amps are on point too. The audiopipe horns are really good for budget horns. Those speakers paired with DD B3horns sounds even more incredible!! Glad you liked them CS.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Covert Olds
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by cshocker
I just installed a set of MMats 601.4 and set of Audiopipe horns. All recommendations from Gannicus. I can't believe how good this set up sounds for the price. Loud, clear and hits hard. Love this setup and all thanks to Gannicus and this site!

I've heard this bike and it sounds very good.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:53 AM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 505 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
I'm trying to tell folks, these speakers are fantastic and the MMats amps are on point too. The audiopipe horns are really good for budget horns. Those speakers paired with DD B3horns sounds even more incredible!! Glad you liked them CS.

Different horns will really make that much of a difference?

Old 04-19-2017, 11:17 AM
bufbills
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
Sweet! Let us know how you like them. Remember you want to run horns with those bad boys.
Yep. Audiopipes are already in.

Quick Reply: Review: Arc Moto DSP, MMats Pro Audio Speakers