Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

The Official DK Custom Coil & Ignition Relocation review thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:20 AM
z0mbi
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy and I did the DK tank lift, ignition relocate, and coil relocate on my bike a few months ago. It was easy to do, and came out great! I would recommend having an extra set of hands around, though. It's a great mod, more than worth the short money the parts cost. It transforms the look of the bike like nothing else.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

If I had to search for some kind of criticism or hiccup in my experience with DK's products and service, it would have to be that it took me awhile to figure out what I really needed from their website. I wasn't sure if I needed the full 2" tank lift or not, and there were so many different packaged versions of their product that it was somewhat confusing. I ended up just buying the coil kit at first before realizing that I also needed the ignition kit and the tank lift also, so instead of buying the correct package with all three, I ended up buying them all separately. A failure on my part to be sure, but the website could have been a bit more clear for people like me who aren't so smart.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:44 AM
topjimmy
Cruiser

Got my kit super fast and installed in about an hour.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:34 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by z0mbi
My buddy and I did the DK tank lift, ignition relocate, and coil relocate on my bike a few months ago. It was easy to do, and came out great! I would recommend having an extra set of hands around, though. It's a great mod, more than worth the short money the parts cost. It transforms the look of the bike like nothing else.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

If I had to search for some kind of criticism or hiccup in my experience with DK's products and service, it would have to be that it took me awhile to figure out what I really needed from their website. I wasn't sure if I needed the full 2" tank lift or not, and there were so many different packaged versions of their product that it was somewhat confusing. I ended up just buying the coil kit at first before realizing that I also needed the ignition kit and the tank lift also, so instead of buying the correct package with all three, I ended up buying them all separately. A failure on my part to be sure, but the website could have been a bit more clear for people like me who aren't so smart.

You are right...it is crazy, there are 20+ different configurations just of the Coil/Key relocation kits. We are working on getting the site redesigned to make it easier to navigate.

In the meantime if anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or email me at Kevin@DKCustomProducts.com

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 09-23-2011, 04:51 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

We are getting close to releasing a Coil Relocation Kit for Softails, and soon after that for Dynas!!!

Kevin

Old 09-24-2011, 03:40 PM
SimoneR
Stage I

Got my kit in 7 days, and I'm in Italy, and installed super fast.
Bike looks great!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails The Official DK Custom Coil & Ignition Relocation review thread-img_2382.jpg   The Official DK Custom Coil & Ignition Relocation review thread-img_2390.jpg   The Official DK Custom Coil & Ignition Relocation review thread-img_2385.jpg  
Old 09-28-2011, 05:19 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Thanks SimoneR.

Glad you got your package quickly!

Kevin

Old 10-20-2011, 12:51 PM
skypilot101
Intermediate
Default DK Coil Relocation kit on my 2008 Nightster. Nice!

See the link for modifications done to a 2008 Nightster which included using DK's rock-solid coil relocation kit. I've seen a few other kits, and DK's is the best made and best looking kit out there.

http://cowboyken.blogspot.com/2011/0...d-parking.html

Cowboy

Old 10-20-2011, 11:04 PM
tob35
Stage I

First up I want to say how awesome the customer service is from Kevin and his crew.

I ordered a coil relocation kit on ebay and it was taking forever to get here. Somewhere between lodgement and my mail box it was stuck, lost or stolen. I was expecting it to be a hassle and to kiss my money goodbye, but after waiting an extra week to see if it showed, the guys sent me a second package, express and at their cost. No questions asked, just good old fashioned service. I didn't hesitate to order my lift and ignition!!!

On to the pics:

The beauty of these DK items is their simplicity. Simple designs made well. They enhance the look of the bike without themselves being in your face.

I'd highly recommend DK products to anyone looking to do a tank lift or relocate their coil or ignition. Sure, you could make your own, but why?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:10 PM
BAKERiSM
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DK Customs is what's up!! Of all the stuff I've done to my bike the coil and key relocation is my favorite. Customer service was great. Kevin stopped in the middle of a ride on a Sunday afternoon to help me out! I recommend them to everyone.

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 11:58 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Choices in Coil Relocations....see some HERE

Quick Reply: The Official DK Custom Coil & Ignition Relocation review thread