Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

It's not a myth - Active Hydraulic Suspension is here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:41 AM
purdyman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well worth the money!

"I put 338 miles on those babies yesterday me and the wife plus pulling my trailer and the bike rode like a dream and I was on some back roads hit a few bad places and the bike did not even bottom out.

James B. Collins"

Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 AM
wildhog55
Stage II
Default cdc active hydrolice suspension pat

was just about to try a drop seat kit from FBI i actualy live in australia . yes the price is high but im still hanging in there so if i have a 2011 street glide flhx do i have to cut the bike as shown in your instrucions ?
and seeing its for a street glide and there shocks are already down 1 inch will i get the 2 and a half inches or a shorter drop ?
im 5 ft 6 inches and want to be flat footed
pat

Old 11-20-2012, 06:23 AM
wildhog55
Stage II
Cool street glide hight and other tourers hight

Originally Posted by hdsuspension.com
You guys are funny, The system drops 2.5 inches in 2.5 seconds, yes when you are at a light your headlight is now adjusted up - but as soon as you accelerate it raises up to proper factory ride height, and down goes the beam of light back to where you will be riding 99% of the time.

You do not go back and forth - trust me - you leave it - I have yet to have anyone complain about my headlight. If you plan on parking at a light different story. For the most part you arrive, you go! The only way it would effect someones mirror is if you were a considerable distance back. Think outside the box here guys!

Spring 1 - is for those who are not on a touring ride, touring gets spring 2 - why is is a heavier diameter, to take the extra weight - That is the only difference. It is set up for 2 up and loaded. Spring one is for two up but not a decker. The only difference is the total weight that could ultimately be carried.

If I am going to spend... Better ride - YES, Better handling - YES, More control - YES - all of these are greatly improved by going to this system. You always maintain full suspension no matter what height you are at.
A typical air ride system upon compression ( loaded with two up and gear as an example) going into a corner is already compressed prior to heading into the corner, this system no matter what you load on it still has the full spring travel, thus giving you far better control. I know when I giver into a corner with this system, I can heavily accelerate mid point and come out like a rocket, two up loaded. That is usually when I get the slap on the back of the head from my wife My point is I don't lolly gag around , I drive it to see how it will perform. Hydraulic suspension is solid. I am at full factory ride height, which is ideal!

You can slam your ride, put on a larger front wheel, extend your bags, put in a 120 motor, hell the sky is the limit, but, if at the end of the day all of this altering changes your ride height which is built that way for a reason, you must be changing a lot more by doing so, or giving up a lot of what the bike was originally designed to do. With this system - you can do all of the above, but once you hit 13 MPH in 2.5 seconds you are back to full control giving up nothing. When you get back into town and want to cruise around dragging your *** - so be it!

Have you watched the video of the system actually in action?
http://youtu.be/Ej7fg-mUKMs
okfirst forget about the headligh , really and as a person with a short inseam i think this is a really great idea. but i do have some questions . the street glide has oem shorter shocks than say an ultra . because i have already tried things to get my feet on the ground i have lowered the front end down one inch. so if i purchase your kit<and i think , not sure street glide 12 inch shock and ultra 13inch will i be putting a 13 inch shock on a bike thats oem 12 as this would have to change the geometry id be like a drag car up in the back /
if i have this wrong and i hope so and your shock is 12 inches and 13 inches will the 12 inch model (for street gides FHLX)TRAVEL THE 2.5 INCHES THE SAME AS THE ULTRA SHOCK?
again fantastic idea just need to ask more questions before i buy
thanks pat

Old 06-10-2017, 02:53 AM
AbnMP13
Tourer

What's the current price for a 2010 FLHTCU?

Old 06-10-2017, 09:09 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

This thread is closed. They are no longer sponsors here.