Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

It's not a myth - Active Hydraulic Suspension is here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 08:00 AM
hdsuspension.com
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's not a myth - Active Hydraulic Suspension is here!

I wanted to take but a moment to introduce everyone within the forum to what I consider to be one of the nicest gotta have for your Harley ride.

The CDC Active Suspension. ( www.hdsuspension.com )

This is a major technological advancement for the motorcycle industry. This new concept of active suspension is the result or years of research and development. The result is the application of a new hydraulic suspension which can adjust the motorcycle’s ride height to the choice of the rider.
After hearing many dissatisfied motorcycle owners talking about how much money they had spent trying to adapt their bike to their body type, Georges Thomas (the brains behind CDC) started designing what you see before you.
This revolutionary design is, by far, the best solution to address ride height, comfort & every other concern related to your bike sitting too high for you – bar none!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:13 AM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$3495.00 Canadian Dollars
Plus Tax + Shipping

Old 05-02-2012, 08:27 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Welcome, its always good to see new sponsors here as well as new products.

Is it really $ 3495.00 ?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,577 Likes on 4,611 Posts

the idea is really cool. I work with active suspension in cars and it works great, the drawback is cost and reliability. looks like the cost factor here is going to keep it the same way as the do-do bird!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 AM
hdsuspension.com
Former Sponsor

Yes the price is 3495.00 Plus, but what you are getting is a complete turn key system. It comes complete with 2 suspension units, controller, all cables, computer module, and BTW everything is made in Canada.

This is a fully speed sensitive system which adjusts based on speed, it truly is something that completes your ride. I understand and I appreciate you are perhaps in shock regarding the price, but the people that have bought this already realized the price was incredible when they saw and actually rode with the system thereafter. 50 units sold and counting!

The system is fully automatic. I ride most of the time solo, but , when my wife comes with me I do nothing differently. The system does not need any adjustment when riding solo or two up.

I like many people was looking for a far better system that would not bottom out every time I hit a bump. Solo was bad enough but when I was two up it was ridiculous. I tried increasing air pressure and I carried the hand pump but it never really did the trick. Furthermore when riding two up, which typically was for a over nighter somewhere, once we were fully laden with everything I was still finding that same situation - bottoming out. So when I came across the Active Hydraulic Suspension I took the time to really check it out, I went to the factory, did the tour, saw how they actually made every single component. Nothing off shore! They even make the computer boards right there to work with the ECM speed sensor. I was hooked!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
the idea is really cool. I work with active suspension in cars and it works great, the drawback is cost and reliability. looks like the cost factor here is going to keep it the same way as the do-do bird!
$3,550 US today ......... I know it's an improvment, but seriously, that's almost 20% of the cost of a new bike. For that kind of money, I would expect to get the same ride out of my bike I get out of my sofa. But hey, it's just money, right? I'm sure they will sell and I'm sure they will ride wonderfully ...... probably not me, but then that's just me and my

Old 05-02-2012, 08:43 AM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saddlebag spacers & metal butchering required for clearance.
http://www.hdsuspension.com/resource...uide%20CDC.pdf

Old 05-02-2012, 08:53 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Very nice, but I think it will be cost prohibitive for the masses. What are the details? what are the parameters that control the shocks? At what speed does it do whatever it does? Are there any user adjustable controls? What does it do besides adjust for ride height? What about compression and rebound? Theres a lot more to a good suspension than just not bottoming out. For that kind of money it needs to do more than just auto adjust ride height. Best of luck with the new product.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 AM
hdsuspension.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by frog13
$3,550 US today ......... I know it's an improvment, but seriously, that's almost 20% of the cost of a new bike. For that kind of money, I would expect to get the same ride out of my bike I get out of my sofa. But hey, it's just money, right? I'm sure they will sell and I'm sure they will ride wonderfully ...... probably not me, but then that's just me and my
I appreciate your candor, it is a huge improvement! I mean huge! however you are quite right it is not for everyone but for the average person who does not wish to lower bis bike with a kit so his shocks bottom out all the time, or for that person who does not wish to change their seats on and on, this solution makes perfect sense.

Now I am not saying it is for everyone - but that last 50 units SOLD already have proven their is a very good market for this product.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 AM
hdsuspension.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Very nice, but I think it will be cost prohibitive for the masses. What are the details? what are the parameters that control the shocks? At what speed does it do whatever it does? Are there any user adjustable controls? What does it do besides adjust for ride height? What about compression and rebound? Theres a lot more to a good suspension than just not bottoming out. For that kind of money it needs to do more than just auto adjust ride height. Best of luck with the new product.

In automatic mode, CDC’s Active Suspension constantly monitors road speed and adjusts ride height accordingly based on pre-programmed parameters •Lowers / raises the motorcycle by 2.5” (5,5 cm)
•Very important fact: The bike maintains full suspension travel* no matter the ride height! (*as designed by the OE manufacturer)
•A manual mode is also built-in, allowing you to override the system’s electronic module and maintain your desired ride height for as long as you want
•Simply return to automatic mode by pressing one of the handlebar mounted switch (included with kit)
•Default mode is and always will be automatic. As soon as you cycle the ignition key to ON, it’s in automatic mode, at the lowest position, and ready for you to go for a spin! Mounting the motorcycle is easier, parking and low speed manoeuvres are safer.
•Once the bike reaches 20KMH (approx. 13MPH), the CDC Active Suspension raises the bike to factory ride height, so you don’t have to worry about bottoming out as with other systems.
•Once you slow down below the pre-set speed, the system starts to lower the bike so you can comfortably come to a stop, without having to manually lower the bike: the system does it for you – automatically! Your feet are now planted solidly on the ground.
•A great side benefit to this system: Should you have to perform a hard braking manoeuvre, i.e. locking the rear wheel, since the system will see no vehicle speed, it will start to lower the bike. (remember to always ride safely, anticipate obstacles, follow road signs and maintain control.
•Helps reduce the forward projection of the rider and passenger’s inertia.
•Ride height is lowered so you can put your legs down comfortably
•Reduces ‘nose dive’
•Helps reduce rear wheel hop
•Finally, one last important characteristic of this new design concerns the rebound stroke. A build in hydraulic rebound ‘end of travel damper’ allows for smoother ride through hard dips and holes. Virtually eliminates hard suspension knocks on rebound.
In Conclusion:

• No more air compressor

• No more air leaks

• No more multiple air pressure adjustments

• No more suspension too hard, too soft

• No more suspension bang on rebound

• No more uncomfortable riders (driver or passenger)

Quick Reply: It's not a myth - Active Hydraulic Suspension is here!