Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   VRSC Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vrsc-models-8/)
-   -   Low Resale Value? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vrsc-models/100849-low-resale-value.html)

skullcrusher 04-13-2007 05:10 AM

Low Resale Value?

Well, im currently looking at Vrods and the first thing out of my boss's mouth was i was looking at them, but if your ever planning on selling it, there not a good investment. Being that there resale value is low. You guys feel the same way? The resale value is low and there hard to sell? Just curious on some opinions.

xxxflhrci 04-13-2007 05:42 AM

RE: Low Resale Value?

I have a buddy that buys a lot of bikes at auto auctions. He said in our area, Vrods do do well. However, I wouldn't let resale value influence getting what I want.

eazy 04-13-2007 10:26 AM

I didn't buy my bike with the idea of selling it or that it was an "investment". The only investment it might be is one for my fun.

SKJOLD 04-14-2007 07:21 PM

I do not plan on ever selling mine.

Ice_Rider 04-25-2007 06:16 PM

If you are worried about selling the bike, why are you buying it? You should be buying a bike to ride, not to sell.

TickTock 05-02-2007 03:36 PM

Buy a used one at the low resale value from the current owner and enjoy!!!

wbogley 05-02-2007 04:27 PM

Motorcycles, cars, boats, RVs are all very poor investments. You will lose money, it is just the way it works.If you want to invest, buy Harley stock, not a bike. You will do better in the long run.

eazy 05-02-2007 10:44 PM

ORIGINAL: wbogley
If you want to invest, buy Harley stock, not a bike. You will do better in the long run.
But the smile on my face may disagree. :D

Nikker1985 05-03-2007 08:23 AM

You dont buy a Harley in order to sell it in 5 years. Right before its value drops like a mother****ing rock.
Harleys are for stable people. Who love their bike and like SKJOLD said "aint planning about selling theirs". You take the bike and customise the shit out of it till has your name written all over it. Besides with a body frame like that...the bike will live for a hundred years unless you crash into a wall or something.

My opinion is that most people are ****ing stupid. Cars and bikes are not an investment. Stocks and bounds, and real estates are investments. If he invests on cars then he is probably a dumb **** cause I doubt if he makes any money out of it.

SKJOLD 05-05-2007 08:51 PM

Ditto that! Some people watch toomuch American Chopper. Less TV and more riding andthey will see the light. ;)

ORIGINAL: Nikker1985

You dont buy a Harley in order to sell it in 5 years. Right before its value drops like a mother****ing rock.
Harleys are for stable people. Who love their bike and like SKJOLD said "aint planning about selling theirs". You take the bike and customise the shit out of it till has your name written all over it. Besides with a body frame like that...the bike will live for a hundred years unless you crash into a wall or something.

My opinion is that most people are ****ing stupid. Cars and bikes are not an investment. Stocks and bounds, and real estates are investments. If he invests on cars then he is probably a dumb **** cause I doubt if he makes any money out of it.