VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

To Muscle or not to Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 12:02 PM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 70 Posts
Default To Muscle or not to Muscle

Hey everyone. I bought a 2007 Vrod VRSCAW earlier this year and like the bike a lot. I am still hooked on the looks of the Muscle though and was thinking about upgrading to the Muscle. Can't decide whether or not it would be worth it.

I do realize the Vrods don't resell as well as the others, so with a good year end deal I can upgrade without really any loss on my current ride.

Does anyone know if the Muscle is holding its value any better or about the same as any regular Vrod?

For anyone that went from a regular Vrod to a Muscle, what are you opinions on the change?

Thanks,

Old 12-21-2009, 10:05 PM
car5car
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How often do you ride with WOT? If you need 50 HP to ride on street, you can have 120 HP bike or 150 HP bike you will still use 50 HP.
I used to have a Corvette and I never used WOT, you can say I only needed 6 cyl.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:26 PM
ENTERPRISE
Tourer

do it.had a dx and loved it.rode the muscle this summer and was even better riding position,made for a more comfy ride.plus i used wot more than i should have

Old 12-23-2009, 11:05 AM
OldBob
Novice

I bought a Muscle in October, and I am, predictably, very happy with it. However, it appears that the Muscle has far fewer after-market accessories available than the other V-Rods. That might change with time.

For me, the VRSCF is comfortable enough to use as a touring bike. I would really like a decent set of hard bags, but they don't exist. The bags that H-D sells have a capacity of 10# per bag.

Bob

Old 12-23-2009, 12:21 PM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 70 Posts

The Muscle to me looks like a chopper crossed with a V-rod. It just looks mean, and with the cut fender and side mounted license plate it is even cooler. So I did it. Drove it home and even cold the bike is a lot smoother than my 07. Not ridden enough to determine comfort, but the bike just rides better.

It seems to have a big push in the front end for low speed handling, but up and running the bike handles really well. I wonder if that is from the large rear tire.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:37 PM
netvampire
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBob
I bought a Muscle in October, and I am, predictably, very happy with it. However, it appears that the Muscle has far fewer after-market accessories available than the other V-Rods. That might change with time.

For me, the VRSCF is comfortable enough to use as a touring bike. I would really like a decent set of hard bags, but they don't exist. The bags that H-D sells have a capacity of 10# per bag.

Bob
I just got me a large one of these for my DX , theres pics with them on the muscle as well........http://www.bikersfriend.com/pages/harleygallery.htm