VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

09 V-Rod Muscle big depreciation

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 04:00 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 09 V-Rod Muscle big depreciation

Treasure Coast Harley has a 254 mile 2009 V-Rod Muscle for asking $13,500. It is on ebay with "buy it now" at $13,500. Looking around I noticed the depreciation on V-rods is dramatic compared to the rest of the HD lineup. Also noticed the 3 harley dealers that I visited had 1 Vrod (some none) on their showroom compared to the 30 other HD bikes. Is the scene of not being accepted by the Harley still that strong? I was looking to possibly trade my FXDC but have reservations now.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:04 PM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior

I rode one of those muscle bikes and I sure would like to get one .really any one 08 or newer with the bigger motor. I will buy mine uses and let someone else take the hit

Old 08-19-2010, 08:25 AM
brazeagle
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Vrsc - muscle review

I finally came back to the HD FAMILY and I am very happy to have bought a V-ROD MUSCLE 2011, picked up three days ago and rode for a week before I purchased.
SO FAR I HAVE THESE COMMENTS:
PROS:
-Amazing looking bike, really gets noticed, since no one KNOWS what bike it is!
-Very reliable and manuverable
-Great seating postion
-Confortable seating position for the passenger BUT, YOU MUST HAVE A BACKREST!
-Great engine power
-Excellent braking power (WITH ABS)
-Excellent stability due to the CENTER GAS TANK UNDER THE SEAT
-Awesome design and lighting
-Tank size is perfect (about 162 miles)
-BEAUTIFUL MACHINE
-HARLEY DAVIDSON

CONS:
-Handle bar is not as confortable and reachable as any other bikes (YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 5'9 TO BE CONFORTABLE)
-Strange sensation with the SLIPPER CLUTCH technology (sometimes it slips!) don't know yet if this is a problem or just the way it is?
-Feels a SHAKING moment in the left foot when hiting any small bumps on the road...Will have it checked!

That is it for now, I hope these bike get a great value in the near future, I really like it and will keep it for a few years to come.

Ride Safe,
LCL

Old 08-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
Treasure Coast Harley has a 254 mile 2009 V-Rod Muscle for asking $13,500. It is on ebay with "buy it now" at $13,500. Looking around I noticed the depreciation on V-rods is dramatic compared to the rest of the HD lineup. Also noticed the 3 harley dealers that I visited had 1 Vrod (some none) on their showroom compared to the 30 other HD bikes. Is the scene of not being accepted by the Harley still that strong? I was looking to possibly trade my FXDC but have reservations now.

Well... first off, don't buy any newish vehicle as a financial investment (every so often I've made money of a junker I'll fix up).

The VRSC market really varies a lot, and fluctuates wildly. When I got my new DX in 08 the MSRP on those things was still 16K+ change. I walked out the door with it for a tad over 14k. Six months later the same shop was selling them at MSRP, and the used V-Rods were 14kish.

I think it really fluctuates with the economy, because unlike the traditional HDs, which are mostly bought and owned by a more financially stable and affluent 35+ crowd, the VRSC line is more popular with a more financially unstable 20-30something crowd.