VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Muscle: 09 Noisy rear shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:28 PM
warshelr
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muscle: 09 Noisy rear shocks

I was riding my wifes 09 muscle and the rear shocks seem to be making noise when going slow and hitting any kind of bump... Is this normal..

I'm thinking some louder pipes is a good fix - but that would open a whole can of worms...(tuner etc..)

It only has 1000 miles and is still under warranty - but I was just wondering if this is normal (which is exactly what the Stealer is going to say)..

Pretty bad when I can hear those shocks squeaking when she is riding next to my ultra - which idles at about 120db...hehe

I like riding that muscle because it is seriously fast - but - my god - it is toooo quiet. tsk tsk (I'm sure the government made em do it).. Certainly isn't Harley like that is for sure..

Anyone change out their rear shocks for aftermarket? Any good results?

Old 05-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Malcomx
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by warshelr
I was riding my wifes 09 muscle and the rear shocks seem to be making noise when going slow and hitting any kind of bump... Is this normal..

I'm thinking some louder pipes is a good fix - but that would open a whole can of worms...(tuner etc..)

It only has 1000 miles and is still under warranty - but I was just wondering if this is normal (which is exactly what the Stealer is going to say)..

Pretty bad when I can hear those shocks squeaking when she is riding next to my ultra - which idles at about 120db...hehe

I like riding that muscle because it is seriously fast - but - my god - it is toooo quiet. tsk tsk (I'm sure the government made em do it).. Certainly isn't Harley like that is for sure..

Anyone change out their rear shocks for aftermarket? Any good results?
Progressive 440's are the way to go.