Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.

WTB: Akoury AK-88

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 08:37 PM
showin4fun
Tourer
Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Got a email from www.bikerhelmets.com that the Beanie Helmets are back in stock. Ordered one up because the pricing is great.
They even shipped it today as well. Excited to see how it works out. Appreciate everybody's input on the subject!

Old 08-09-2019, 09:22 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

thanks for the heads up....I see they have vented versions now....tempted to try one.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:54 PM
showin4fun
Tourer
Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Got my Crazy Al's Helmet in today. It is much smaller and lighter than my HD Overdrive Helmet.
Pretty impressed with bikerhelmets.com service, shipped and received quickly.

Old 10-05-2020, 04:49 PM
Panhead_Larry
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, so here is the deal.
WCL is a cheap plastic helmet that is not worth putting you brain into. Crazy AL's used to be good, but then they changed factories and now it is not the same, they are using cheaper liners and straps and buckles and they even look cheaper now.
MIcrodot is also plastic gargbage, they just spend a lot of money on advertising, but they are just not good helmets. Akoury used to be the best, but they stopped making helmets 2 years ago. When they folded, an American company named HamrHead picked up the line and starting making them..I can tell you without a doubt that they are identical to Akoury. SIde by side in every way, identical.. They are really fiberglass and carbon fiber, not just plastic with a carbon look print.
Do yourself a favor and go straight to Hamrhead. You can get them at www.blackbeardsgear.com and they have the most amazing customer service, I got my helmet in 3 days!. They are Americans, and they speak English. They finally have them back in stock.
AND, watch out for a company called Gearrider, they really suck. Chinese Garbage. Those are really the worst, OMG.
Larry