Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.

WTB Grateful Dead Derby Cover 5-Hole Pan Galactic

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:51 PM
frankenwick
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, thank you deadrider, I've seen those, but I'm just "Dead-Set" on the Pan Galactic version... We'll keep eachother posted if one turns up. Some day, some one will want to let go of one. I appreciate those looking out for me.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:38 PM
deadrider
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw that a few weeks a go Buy way the Pan one is so nice whats the 3 bolt one u just sold?

Old 05-25-2012, 11:10 AM
frankenwick
Tourer

Originally Posted by deadrider
I saw that a few weeks a go Buy way the Pan one is so nice whats the 3 bolt one u just sold?
Yeah, I guess one can mount a 2-hole Evo timer-cover to a 5-hole timer, perhaps? I thought of doing that, but I think I'll just mount it to the back of my (blank) sissy bar...

the 3-Hole Derby was for the Evo's (up to 1998)... currently, I only have an '08 Twin Cam, but just HAD to buy a used set of three Evo pieces (Derby, timing, and oval inspections covers) for a while to see what they were like in my hot little hands. They're hard-to-find, too, but seem to pop-up every now and then on eBay, and evidently a little more common than the 5-hole Derby.. wholdathunk?

Old 05-25-2012, 07:27 PM
deadrider
Road Captain
The following users liked this post:
No U Glider (11-14-2018)
Old 05-26-2012, 11:22 AM
frankenwick
Tourer

^^ Gotta love the Archive!!!
^ yeah, not too crazy about the detail on that 'unofficial' custom piece. I gotta have the Official GDP stamp. TRUST ME, I have eBay scoured and scrutinized.
The detail on this newly-listed timing cover isn't TOO bad, but doesn't hold a candle to Pan Gal
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...item231dd3453c

say, have you seen the newly-released Official Grateful Dead Jackets, vests, and helmets fro River Road? Cool stuff, and better quality than I expected for the price:
http://www.riverroadgear.com/Gratefu...ogoJacket.html

Old 05-27-2012, 02:42 PM
deadrider
Road Captain

Yes I love the leather....uncle sam one is the best and i am getting a fat shakedown patch for the bottom

Old 06-04-2012, 04:29 PM
frankenwick
Tourer

Hey Now! I scored! Just came in the mail today straight from Pan Galactic... turns out there were a couple left at the "polisher's" and Jackie did me right (I don't think there's any left at this point)... I'll send pix as soon as I get around to mounting it... Thanks to all who put up with me during my search. What a Long Strange Trip It's Been.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Willie456
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to reach Bob's wife via email and I currently have a SYF Twim Cam Derby on it's way. She getting the business up and running and anticipates having more available in the next two to three weeks (July 4th ish). You can email her at jackie@food4film.com . Tell her Chris from Pittsburgh says hi!

Old 09-15-2012, 09:44 PM
bikinbill
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought one two weeks ago, $175 plus $10 shipping. You have to contact Jackie, Bob's wife. Her email is jackie@food4film.com. I installed it last week and it looks amazing. She said she had a "few" more five hole covers, so act now! I paid by paypal on a Monday, and had it by Friday. Good luck!

Old 09-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

I just ordered mine from Jackie, can't wait to see it in person!
YEAAAAA!!!

Quick Reply: WTB Grateful Dead Derby Cover 5-Hole Pan Galactic