Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Welcome Area Only (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/welcome-area-only-4/)
-   -   2007 eg low idle and a stall (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/welcome-area-only/1015354-2007-eg-low-idle-and-a-stall.html)

Pastorrac 12-13-2014 05:10 PM

2007 eg low idle and a stall

Hey guys, this is my first post. I am a first time Harley owner. This has been a dream for 25 years, now I'm here. I bought a beautiful 2007 Electra Glide Classic. The wow factor for me was the true dual Rinehart 3.5 exhaust on this bike. It sounds great and has good power. I do not know if there was a change in the ecm because of the true dual headers. The dealer from whom I bought this bike has no information on the bike mechanically. The problem of the bike dropping to a low idle and stalling after a long ride has plauged my EG. I have read about this being a common problem on 07 bikes. I cleaned the IAC and the problem came right back. now it seems to happen more frequently. I downloaded the TT410 bulletin that provides reflash settings to correct the problem. I am going to take my bike to dealer for the fix, what I am unsure about is whether or not this would cancel or adversally affect any performance programming due to the Rinehart true duals. Can anyone help me out? How can I know if I have a performance tune on this bike? I can say it backfires some when you let off the throttle like a bike with a tune to it. If it has to be reinstalled where would I find what I need? Thanks for any help. I have a lot to learn.

the wild hog 12-13-2014 05:15 PM

Welcome

QC 12-13-2014 05:28 PM

Welcome to the Forum from Colorado!
If your bike does not have an external tuner, e.g. Powercommander or such, the possibility exists that it had a HD Stage 1 download and the dealer you take it to should be able to discover this by tracing the VIN. If this is the case, they should also be able to reinstall/download the correct tune. An educated guess here.

rykers 12-13-2014 06:59 PM

Welcome from Oregon

sloufoot 12-13-2014 09:47 PM

Welcome to the H-D Forums from Idaho ! ENJOY !

VTwin-Goodies 12-13-2014 11:48 PM

A big welcome to you from sunny Southern California. Glad to have you on board.

kidsid99 12-14-2014 12:23 AM

Welcome from Memphis!

Dake 12-14-2014 01:56 AM

Welcome from Georgia to the forum!

russ33541 12-14-2014 05:05 AM

Welcome to the forum

oct1949 12-14-2014 08:00 AM

My 07 did that several times in the first K of miles (she'd go to low Idle and die at stop)...
Then I did the usually pipes and SE/ac at the 1k service, but I also have them add the older style SERT and they dyno tuned it at that time also.

now with 53k on it I get a fast Idle once or twice a yr.. but not the low Idle issue and she's never died since the tune..

OH.... yes I did have a miss issue back in 09?? .. that ended up being Loose battery bolts... So check your connections bolts and and that you have clean cables also. Both Pos and Neg...

Also I've read that sometimes just unpluging the ECM, wait a couple mins, clean the pins and plug it back together helps... some elc stuff just needs that once in a while for better connection...

Welcome to HDF, have fun and ride safe, from Central Indiana.