Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Welcome Area Only (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/welcome-area-only-4/)
-   -   New to the Harley Scene (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/welcome-area-only/1454202-new-to-the-harley-scene.html)

AsphaltAdventurer 04-02-2024 09:41 AM

New to the Harley Scene

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and say hi to all you Harley enthusiasts out there. I'm pretty new to the whole motorcycle scene but have quickly developed a keen interest, especially in Harley-Davidson. A bit about me - I'm a 39-year-old chap originally from Bulgaria, now calling Ireland my home.

In December 2023, I took the plunge and got myself a new Nightster Special, and boy, was it a thrill to ride, especially after fitting it with a Jekyl and Hyde exhaust – the sound was just excellent. Unfortunately, my excitement was cut short a couple of weeks ago when the engine gave up on me, and now I'm looking at a replacement or rebuild, still pending.

I'm looking forward to sharing more about this journey with you all and diving deep into the world of Harley-Davidson. Expect to hear more about my Nightster Special saga, and I'm eager to learn from your experiences as well.

Cheers!

lowbar 04-02-2024 09:46 AM

Good luck with the rebuild.

jwt873 04-02-2024 09:50 AM

Hope everything turns out OK. Yes, let us know how it turned out. Welcome to the forum!

TimP 117 04-02-2024 09:54 AM

Welcome to the forum.

the wild hog 04-02-2024 11:31 AM

Welcome

Spartanden 04-02-2024 11:49 AM

Welcome from Spartan Country, Michigan!
I tell a lot of new comers to the forum to get: Factory Service manual and the Parts manual. Take to an office supply store and have them put a spiral binder in place of the glued binder. That will let the manuals lay flat on your bench. Get a three ring binder and record all your maintenance, repairs, accessories, etc. This will be a great reminder of what was done when. And great material to pass along to the new owner should you sell and upgrade. Also know how large your fuel tank is, a rough idea of your range per tank, and record your fuel usage. I have an app called Simply Auto that I record all my fuel used. I use the odometer and use the fuel gage as reference only. I reset the odometer to zero on fill ups, and I know I can safely get 200 miles on a tank on around town riding, and upwards of 230+ on trips.

squirrelsnest 04-02-2024 11:50 AM

Welcome to the forum from Virginia.................:icon_bike:

Jackie Paper 04-02-2024 12:39 PM

Welcome to the HDFORUM.

I hope you continue to enjoy your ride here with us on the HDFORUM.

Only as a suggestion, create a signature line similar to my one line on my bike information.

The year, model, and all the letters Harley assigned to the bike. It will appear at the bottom of your post.

You can also add a favorite picture to the signature line.

Doing this will be helpful if you ask a question, or to someone asking a question. All Harleys aren't the same with many changes and variations over the years.

If you like, you can also add a favorite picture for an Avatar you see at the top left of all your post.

imoo6170 04-02-2024 01:53 PM

Welcome from Sydney Australia

470004 04-02-2024 04:10 PM

Welcome to the forum from New York.