Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

DNA Mammoth issue, help needed please

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 02:52 PM
redmosquito1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DNA Mammoth issue, help needed please

2012 Deluxe

Got my new DNA Mammoths friday rear mounted up great, easy as could be and no need for a pulley spacer.

Front not so much. 1st issue was it came with 1" bearings and my Luxe uses 25mm axle. Determined this when I went to install the wheel the spacers were super tight and the rotor was off to the right about 5mm or so. With help of a fellow member they directed me to the difference in 1" and 25mm bearing being the 1" bearing is quite a bit thicker than the 25mm bearing.

So off to the local indy to have a set of 25mm bearings installed. Now the spacers work fine but the wheel is offset to the left to the point I can't get the caliper on the fork. Also the wheel itself is offset in the fender to one side.

Using PVC to make some mock up spacers to center the wheel in the fender I'm not able to get the rotor to line up with the caliper.

Wondering if this is an issue more involved than just swapping the bearings, possibly DNA sent out the wrong hub, like for a touring bike instead of a softail. And if their was anyway of telling.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:43 AM
HD32141
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you spoken to DNA tech?

Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 PM
HDwildcat
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DNA issues

Originally Posted by redmosquito1
2012 Deluxe

Got my new DNA Mammoths friday rear mounted up great, easy as could be and no need for a pulley spacer.

Front not so much. 1st issue was it came with 1" bearings and my Luxe uses 25mm axle. Determined this when I went to install the wheel the spacers were super tight and the rotor was off to the right about 5mm or so. With help of a fellow member they directed me to the difference in 1" and 25mm bearing being the 1" bearing is quite a bit thicker than the 25mm bearing.

So off to the local indy to have a set of 25mm bearings installed. Now the spacers work fine but the wheel is offset to the left to the point I can't get the caliper on the fork. Also the wheel itself is offset in the fender to one side.

Using PVC to make some mock up spacers to center the wheel in the fender I'm not able to get the rotor to line up with the caliper.

Wondering if this is an issue more involved than just swapping the bearings, possibly DNA sent out the wrong hub, like for a touring bike instead of a softail. And if their was anyway of telling.

Just wondering if you got your wheel issue straightend out. I had similiar problem with DNA on front wheel for a Superglide. Also had issues with the belt pulley.