2018+ Softail Models Breakout

What Are These Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 06:56 AM
deperdue
Road Captain
Received 136 Likes on 128 Posts

I'm having a very hard time with this picture. I'm installing heated grips on my 2023 lowrider ST and cannot find this connector in the wiring diagram. Can you tell me which diagram it is in? I have had the wiring out of the cavity in the frame and did not see this connector. Do I need to dig deeper into the frame? It looks like it comes from the front of the motorcycle, not coming from the frame, Please explain.

Old 04-24-2024, 09:10 AM
99Blueflame
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by deperdue
I'm having a very hard time with this picture. I'm installing heated grips on my 2023 lowrider ST and cannot find this connector in the wiring diagram. Can you tell me which diagram it is in? I have had the wiring out of the cavity in the frame and did not see this connector. Do I need to dig deeper into the frame? It looks like it comes from the front of the motorcycle, not coming from the frame, Please explain.
At the front left side of the frame, at the front of the fuel tank. There is a rubber grommet where the wiring goes into the frame. that is the second picture location.

Old 04-24-2024, 01:37 PM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,665 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by deperdue
You need to pull out the large rubber grommet where all the wires from the handlebars dive into the frame. I found it was easier to remove the front tank bolt, lift the front of the tank up and put the bolt back into the tank to rest it elevated on the frame. You don't need to remove the entire tank, just tip the front up a bit.

Old 04-25-2024, 09:19 AM
Powermankw
Advanced
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

So what part of the circuit is the heated grip connector in the frame? I put my heated grips on and they work fine... But I ran my own power up front. Harley says you need accessory wire harness to battery for more connections. I did that, ran power up to heated grips, but then still had to splice/plug into connector in frame.

Isn't that the pre wired part in right grip? Run power up to left grip connector. Second connector on left grip runs back to connector we are discussing in frame. And that is the pre wire part to right grip because all you have to do for that is put on and plug in the wire in the bar already?

I had it figured out when I did it.

Old 04-25-2024, 09:22 AM
Powermankw
Advanced
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Calif Fat Bob
You need to pull out the large rubber grommet where all the wires from the handlebars dive into the frame. I found it was easier to remove the front tank bolt, lift the front of the tank up and put the bolt back into the tank to rest it elevated on the frame. You don't need to remove the entire tank, just tip the front up a bit.
That is true... But I took the tank off. It is not much more work, and it's much better access and room to work. Not to mention running power from battery pretty much requires that to be able to fish through frame.

Old 04-28-2024, 06:49 AM
deperdue
Road Captain
Received 136 Likes on 128 Posts

Ok, I finally remembered that connector. I did use it to connect the left grip to the right grip. I was confused, I thought it was power for the grips. All is good now, thank you.

Old 05-02-2024, 11:50 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain
Received 80 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DC2009EGUC
While working on 2023 LRST I found these connectors and was wondering is anyone can let me what these are:

1. Connector1 - on back if battery area?

2. Connector2 - I think is for the heated grips?

Finally found the mystery connector#1 and it is the Purge Solenoid. The plug must have been missed at the factory or may have inadvertently disconnected, who knows...

Last edited by DC2009EGUC; 05-02-2024 at 11:50 PM. Reason: spell