Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just not enough

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 10:36 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Just not enough

what should I do now, I bought bt 2180 and 7.1 speakers for 2014 street glide special sound is better but not loud enough or enough bass to make me happy so couple questions. Also do most ridding in the 60 to 80mph range back roads no traffic here and always two up passenger likes tunes but she is ok with setup now but I think she dose not know what she is missing.

SO WHAT WOULD YOU DO

1. should I add lowers[from what I read better for driver not passenger]
2. should I save bt2180 to run saddlebag speakers cause still not going to be happy with just lowers.
3.should I buy RF amp and kappa speakers for lower or buy 4180 and an other set of bt speakers for lowers
Bottom line I should have thought things out better in the beginning don't have any local bikes to check out.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Herksuper
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is the reason I went all out on my upgrade. I haven't installed my system yet so I can't help on how good the saddlebag speakers will be.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:41 PM
sprint07
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, isn't BT located in Idaho also?? Spoke to Bill earlier this week at length, and they have a 2014 Limited sitting there they are using for testing the new equipment. You could ride on over there and see and hear their setup, a little bit of a long ride for me, but you get the idea.

I'm still debating on a 2180 amp set up or all out with the 4180 front speakers and lowers to start. Then, as Bill suggested, most customers expand to include the rear pod speakers, which I already have, and then add the saddle bag speakers, and the 4180 will handle all that expansion down the road.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. . . . . .

Old 12-18-2014, 01:44 PM
tdgriff
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my BT speakers in the lids. I have the 7.1 pros in the fairing and the BT 4 channel amp. I don't know but Bill mite hook you up a great deal on everything. He got me a great price on all my stuff.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:27 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYINGBROKE
what should I do now, I bought bt 2180 and 7.1 speakers for 2014 street glide special sound is better but not loud enough or enough bass to make me happy so couple questions. Also do most ridding in the 60 to 80mph range back roads no traffic here and always two up passenger likes tunes but she is ok with setup now but I think she dose not know what she is missing.

SO WHAT WOULD YOU DO

1. should I add lowers[from what I read better for driver not passenger]
2. should I save bt2180 to run saddlebag speakers cause still not going to be happy with just lowers.
3.should I buy RF amp and kappa speakers for lower or buy 4180 and an other set of bt speakers for lowers
Bottom line I should have thought things out better in the beginning don't have any local bikes to check out.
couple of comments.
- Bass - UNLESS you drive around with 15 inch subs, there is NO WAY you will hear real Bass on the Highway. it is all about Physics... P-lot, yes, lids will Thumb...
- Saddlebag lids WILL help for Passenger - according my OL 4 weeks ago she said wow way better sound on the rear. that was with my new JBLs, she never rode with me with lid speakers.
- Lowers will, indeed, be more for you than the OL....

I would go with BT4180, sell 2180 (you will sell it in a heartbeat!).

Old 12-18-2014, 03:42 PM
HOGILAC
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Amp

Cant go wrong with the PUNCH..., Drop some speaker saddle bags lids on it

Old 12-18-2014, 06:06 PM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

I have a PA 2000D, and was running the fairing and lowers on it. I added lids, and added a PBR 300x2 to power them. I had to fade almost all the way to the rear to hear the lids. I simply moved the fairing speakers to the PBR and the lowers and lids to the PA. It is plenty loud. Two amps are better than one for 6 speakers.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Da Shadow
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want the 4180 then call Bill and ask about an upgrade. I just upgraded from a 2180 to a 4180 for my FLHTK. As everyone on here says do it right the first time but no not me, I have incrementalized my way up but what the heck I am there now. I believe you'll get a better cost outcome upgrading through Bill rather than selling 2180 and buying 4180. I would assume the cost of the upgrade may have something to do with how much you have spent with him so best to discuss cost with him. He is a good guy who believes in his product enough to want every Harley to use it and he wants to be sure customers are happy, honestly.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:59 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by AAWAV
couple of comments.
- Bass - UNLESS you drive around with 15 inch subs, there is NO WAY you will hear real Bass on the Highway. it is all about Physics... P-lot, yes, lids will Thumb...
- Saddlebag lids WILL help for Passenger - according my OL 4 weeks ago she said wow way better sound on the rear. that was with my new JBLs, she never rode with me with lid speakers.
- Lowers will, indeed, be more for you than the OL....

I would go with BT4180, sell 2180 (you will sell it in a heartbeat!).
To add to AAWAV's comments (and change one thing. . lol) I would save the BT2180 to run the lid speakers. Those lids need all the power they can get as AAWAV pointed out due to physics. Your passenger will notice a huge difference with the lid speakers. Run the BT4180 on the front stage with the Titan II's in the lowers and the 7.1's in the upper fairing and it doesn't get much better than that on a bike @ 75 mph.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:33 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
To add to AAWAV's comments (and change one thing. . lol) I would save the BT2180 to run the lid speakers. Those lids need all the power they can get as AAWAV pointed out due to physics. Your passenger will notice a huge difference with the lid speakers. Run the BT4180 on the front stage with the Titan II's in the lowers and the 7.1's in the upper fairing and it doesn't get much better than that on a bike @ 75 mph.
WHY do you always have to change (AKA IMPROVE) my recommendation LOL...
Gann is right - if you want lowers, run BT4180 for the front 4 and then the 2180 for the lids... with some creativity both amps will fit in Fairing (I am correct right, guys?; bracket on the side bracket for one of the amps...).
THAT would be a dream audio setup... this is the wrong thread LOL...

Quick Reply: Just not enough