Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 11:03 PM
dproto09
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went the other day to Empire Harley Davidson in New Rochelle NY. They refused to program my 2015 Street Glide Special. The head Foreman said the computer will not recognized the amp if it not a Harley boom amp and I would start throwing error codes. Which is a lied from everything I read. Either way I'm still using the Magic Box but would love to get a cleaner sound.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:48 PM
Alfster
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dproto09
Went the other day to Empire Harley Davidson in New Rochelle NY. They refused to program my 2015 Street Glide Special. The head Foreman said the computer will not recognized the amp if it not a Harley boom amp and I would start throwing error codes. Which is a lied from everything I read. Either way I'm still using the Magic Box but would love to get a cleaner sound.
They are correct mine has error codes. But you can only see them in diagnostic screen or laptop at harley. You will never know they are there. Hasn't effected my system at all.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:46 AM
dproto09
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I noticed my error codes. But he said the radio would realize it not a Harley amp and it would throw code and won't play any sound.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Alfster
Novice

Originally Posted by dproto09
Yeah, I noticed my error codes. But he said the radio would realize it not a Harley amp and it would throw code and won't play any sound.
Alot of people running off_135.bin including me with no problems.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:21 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfster
Alot of people running off_135.bin including me with no problems.
I wish I was one, but I'm not:
After the 135_off.bin flash 1) my amp keeps turning off at low volume (the remote is getting 12v from the cigarette lighter) - I need to raise the volume up to wake the amp back up and 2) my Tracmax (that is powered by 12v from an accessory plug and operates the ABS for bigger front wheels) is also not working and throwing codes
Planning to go back to the Dealer and have them put the stock flash back on unless anyone else has had success with a different flash I can try....

Old 07-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Alfster
Novice

Originally Posted by JMC22
I wish I was one, but I'm not:
After the 135_off.bin flash 1) my amp keeps turning off at low volume (the remote is getting 12v from the cigarette lighter) - I need to raise the volume up to wake the amp back up and 2) my Tracmax (that is powered by 12v from an accessory plug and operates the ABS for bigger front wheels) is also not working and throwing codes
Planning to go back to the Dealer and have them put the stock flash back on unless anyone else has had success with a different flash I can try....
Sounds like a loose wire or blown fuse. Don't think the radio flash could cause them problems. Check if you have 12 volts to wires. Check your fuses. Radio has nothing to do with 12volt wiring on bike. If you flash back your amp will work because of the higher output on speaker wires but tracmax still won't work.

Last edited by Alfster; 07-15-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:00 PM
twilson616
6th Gear

Posted this on another thread but wanted to post here as well share my experience for anyone having the same issues and still following this thread:

14 SGS added Arc 125.4 amp and Focals in the fairing. Originally had Focals inside of pods as shown above. Also, originally had first flash recommend by Rockford done - 135_OFF. Eq was flat. And flat isn't even the right word. Even adding the Eq of your phone to the input source didn't make it sound great. Also, had such low volume coming out of the head unit that the amp gains were way up. Wasn't happy at all and barely better than stock.

Anyway, finally had it reflashed per the new instructions from Arc and Biketronics - 00_OFF. Never liked the speaker pods - especially after I hacked them up to install the speakers inside. I went ahead and ordered the brackets from Biketronics. $200 by themselves. Installed easy enough. Wrapped polyfill around the speakers when done and readjusted amp with multimeter. I can tell you that correct flash made all the difference in the world. Those Focals are amazing when given a good signal. This 2 speaker setup isn't super loud and there are speakers out there that will handle more power, but the quality is terrific. I can't say for sure if the brackets made much difference as I did most of it all at once, but I do think they help. They certainly give you more room. I would buy them again

Hope this helps someone in the same boat.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by twilson616
Posted this on another thread but wanted to post here as well share my experience for anyone having the same issues and still following this thread:

14 SGS added Arc 125.4 amp and Focals in the fairing. Originally had Focals inside of pods as shown above. Also, originally had first flash recommend by Rockford done - 135_OFF. Eq was flat. And flat isn't even the right word. Even adding the Eq of your phone to the input source didn't make it sound great. Also, had such low volume coming out of the head unit that the amp gains were way up. Wasn't happy at all and barely better than stock.

Anyway, finally had it reflashed per the new instructions from Arc and Biketronics - 00_OFF. Never liked the speaker pods - especially after I hacked them up to install the speakers inside. I went ahead and ordered the brackets from Biketronics. $200 by themselves. Installed easy enough. Wrapped polyfill around the speakers when done and readjusted amp with multimeter. I can tell you that correct flash made all the difference in the world. Those Focals are amazing when given a good signal. This 2 speaker setup isn't super loud and there are speakers out there that will handle more power, but the quality is terrific. I can't say for sure if the brackets made much difference as I did most of it all at once, but I do think they help. They certainly give you more room. I would buy them again

Hope this helps someone in the same boat.
Great write up!!

Old 09-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Egghead
Novice
Default 2015 SGS flash confusion

I have a 2015 Street Glide Special with the stock head unit, I bought and installed the Rockford Fosgate T400X4AD amp And 2 T1650 speakers in the fairing, I found all the info I needed to do this install myself on the Forums, I have been literally reading different threads on this forum for days trying to figure out the dealer flash, when I took mine to my dealer they flashed my unit using the screen shot instructions from Rockford Fosgate but under the system or speaker tab tab there was no option to choose amp or no amp I was able to come in while they did this and I saw this for myself, my question is what am I missing? is there more than one way for them to get into the system? they were able to turn on the 8 speaker and that gave me the fader and it works, I know my new system should sound better than it does now.

Thanks for reading my long winded question and any suggestions on explaining to the tech would be greatly appreciated, BTW Columbia Harley did not charge me for the flash but I don't want to take advantage and keep bugging them if I can help it.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:25 PM
Pipes60
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default U0185 u0186

I just wanted to thank all the brothers on this great site. This place is very strong & with so many members each with their own great knowledge. I was able to fix a code on the 2019 road glide I am riding at present.. with all the great information and feed back from this awesome resource. Thank you all very much.