Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, so I should have listened

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Rickl
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Ok, so I should have listened

Here's my problem. My radio/iPod worked intermittently at first but as things warmed up it stopped altogether. I had Biketronic's check out the amp which they did and it was ok. I sent my HU into Iron Cross who did their magic plus added the pre amp outputs and an rear aux port. In the meantime I picked up a XM module, which I already had the ipod module from IC.

So now the story begins after the background. I installed everything and all was working although after riding I wasn't all that impressed with the output. So I disassembled the batwing and unplugged the amp from the pre outs and reinstalled the supplied convertor. The sound quality and output was much better. After discussing the situation with both BT and IC I came to conclusion I would just run the convertor. (to be fair I had spoken to BT support about my system cutting out and not working and was told to install an after market system which I should have done in retrospect)

Now as I tried to reinstall the outer shell I struggled getting it back together, which prior to assembling I had tested the operation of everything to make sure it all worked prior to reassembly. (I had really struggled the time prior but was successful getting it together). So I stepped back and decided to restack all of the components. After restacking, I was successful in getting the outer shell back on.

I turned on the bike and checked the radio, the ipod, and the XM. Everything worked and it sounded great with the exception of the XM. I have full strength signal, I can toggle up and down, the artist and song display and change but I have absolutely no sound. I get sound from the radio AM and FM and the iPod.

So the question I have has anyone heard or experienced anything similar. I have asked IC and they said it had happened one time to them but then the system worked the next day. It has been a week so it isn't a down load to the radio I believe. I stopped at a HD dealer and they hadn't heard of being able to toggle, see the display work but not have sound just on the XM mode. The service writer did tell me of an exchange program for the XM modules but I'm at a loss of who that would be. I did ask IC but they haven't replied to my email yet. Any input ( other then I screwed up) would be appreciated.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:53 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I fought the sirius thing for a long time...had the aftermarket receiver you get from sirius and went through 3 of them and countless antenna

I then decided to go with after market radio and add the sirus that way (I was really trying to avoid harley module for the stock radio) so I bought a sony tune tray but that radio required the 2 piece sirius module that you can only find one piece to it the second part is obsolete!!!so I had to buy a second newer sony radio and for 54$ you can get the sirius module ...

with all that said....I sure wish i would have bought the new sony radio and module at first but my money pinching stupid *** decided buying off amazon was a good idea!!! very bad idea for radios as the first sony i got was old (new in box)

Old 04-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Rickl
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

So to clarify, the XM module is the harley add on.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:53 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

sorry I should spelt it out better...no friken way was I spending 300$ for the xm module from Harley so I went and got the after market radio for 129 and added Sirius for 54$....

Old 04-10-2015, 09:41 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

same here...I have a sony HU and bought the Sirius thing for like $50 off of amazon.com .........It's sold on the Sirius website too, but I verified it was the same and went amazon. Funny how simple that thing just plugs up.