Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not going smoothly,,(Amp, Speaker install)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 05:29 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Not going smoothly,,(Amp, Speaker install)

ok,, where to begin,,, First, the Arc Moto's won't fit in speaker enclosure,, should I notch the enclosure for the magnet? Doesn't look like there is room for a spacer where the screws go,,,

Old 09-04-2015, 05:31 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Also, I've taken the radio out,, since there is no room above it, near as I can tell, it must go below it,, here's a video. Going to go to Biketronics site now to see if there are specific installation instructions for RG's.. theirs show the amp going above the radio,, like on the Bat Wing fairings... any suggestions guys?

Old 09-04-2015, 05:32 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Here is the You Tube video. WTH???? Won't let me link,, hmmmm

Last edited by JimTJr; 09-04-2015 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:42 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

here is a picture with the radio out, also the bracket BT sent me. I'm sure when I find out how it goes, it'll be a "DUH" moment,, I hope.... BT says for Road Glides mount the amp on the left side of inner fairing bulkhead, not gonna happen with the speaker enclosures and the vents in there.... looking for 15 instructions on their site now.

Last edited by JimTJr; 09-04-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Golfinds
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buddy of mine said under the radio. Trying to get a pic.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:49 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Just figured it out,, got more pictures, taking a break continue tomorrow,, really didn't want to cut the speaker baskets,, for fronts. Hoping Haze or Gann will let me know it's OK, and they'll still sound great. I'm just going to notch it enough to let the magnet set down,, sigh,,

Old 09-04-2015, 07:25 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Yea, I figured it out,, sheesh... And on my comment in the video, I'm SURE they don't expect you to screw it to the mount,, am curious what those holes are for though,,,

Old 09-04-2015, 07:29 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTJr
Just figured it out,, got more pictures, taking a break continue tomorrow,, really didn't want to cut the speaker baskets,, for fronts. Hoping Haze or Gann will let me know it's OK, and they'll still sound great. I'm just going to notch it enough to let the magnet set down,, sigh,,
Jim glad your close brother. I haven't seen the inside of a 15 RG yet so not sure what your up against, but the Titan 6.5 and Arcs are very similar in size so they should fit. Post a pic of what you think you need to trim. Installs are never easy but worth it once you're on the road!

Old 09-04-2015, 07:40 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Will she ever run again? LOL

Old 09-04-2015, 07:48 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
Jim glad your close brother. I haven't seen the inside of a 15 RG yet so not sure what your up against, but the Titan 6.5 and Arcs are very similar in size so they should fit. Post a pic of what you think you need to trim. Installs are never easy but worth it once you're on the road!
Two pictures in this thread show the magnet hitting the edge of the speaker enclosure,, with about 3/8" gap between the screw holes and mounting point. I figured I'll need to cut a crescent sized piece out of the enclosure for the magnet to go through? These things are packed tight inside the Fairing with the 3 vents. And the two speaker enclosures.
Do you think that cutting the housing will degrade the sound quality? (I'll still poly fill it inside,, (loosely, right? Not packed of course)

Quick Reply: Not going smoothly,,(Amp, Speaker install)