Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.5 Speakers with good bass?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 06:30 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 6.5 Speakers with good bass?

I've been working on my audio setup, currently I am eliminating having speaker lids. I have the BT 4ch amp 4180, I have the Hertz HCX 156 and a pair of BT Titan 2's speaker which I am not using but I have them for just in case. Looking to add lower fairing with speakers. Now I know that I am limiting myself from the bass by not having the speaker lids but at highway speeds I just don't see the need to have them. Only for park/show audio sessions would be good to have but I'm not looking to win any audio awards. The Hertz sound very good, they offer more detail than the BT speakers, bass is ok since they are in the fairing of my RGS. The Hertz sound a tad bit bright, not exceptionally bright but I would describe it as more detail oriented sound. I still have the BT speakers that tend to offer a tad bit more bass but not as much detail as the Hertz.

Would it be ok to mix and match the Hertz/Titan speakers or should I consider going another route of a 6.50 or would someone will recommend another Hertz brand or whatever may fill that hole? Also, the lower fairing speakers limit me, they don't offer the space needed for the speaker to breath and provide more bass... So? Thanks guys~

Old 05-04-2016, 06:46 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

a 6.5 speaker is not really designed to produce bass -- they are midranges or midbass speakers, so you have to be realistic in your expectations. Especially considering that the louder you play a 6.5 speaker the worse the bass it can produce will sound. So you either play a good 6.5 at moderate volumes so that it produces "some" bass, or you eliminate some bass so you can play it louder.

Me personally I have volume from my fairing.

If you run a search folks have uploaded videos with various speakers and reviews with regard to sound quality vs. volume vs. bass

Old 05-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by chgofirefighter
I've been working on my audio setup, currently I am eliminating having speaker lids. I have the BT 4ch amp 4180, I have the Hertz HCX 156 and a pair of BT Titan 2's speaker which I am not using but I have them for just in case. Looking to add lower fairing with speakers. Now I know that I am limiting myself from the bass by not having the speaker lids but at highway speeds I just don't see the need to have them. Only for park/show audio sessions would be good to have but I'm not looking to win any audio awards. The Hertz sound very good, they offer more detail than the BT speakers, bass is ok since they are in the fairing of my RGS. The Hertz sound a tad bit bright, not exceptionally bright but I would describe it as more detail oriented sound. I still have the BT speakers that tend to offer a tad bit more bass but not as much detail as the Hertz.

Would it be ok to mix and match the Hertz/Titan speakers or should I consider going another route of a 6.50 or would someone will recommend another Hertz brand or whatever may fill that hole? Also, the lower fairing speakers limit me, they don't offer the space needed for the speaker to breath and provide more bass... So? Thanks guys~
You can run the Hertz speakers with the Titan speakers no problem. If you want more bass out of your lowers go with the Moto 602 speakers.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:31 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

I have the Moto 602's in the fairing and they will hit you in the chest at 45 mph with the mids/mid bass. I think they are a great speaker, but I know there are better out there and your ear will hear it different from mine. Unfortunately these are the only 6.5 I have experience with. Listen to Haze and Gann, they have been great helping me with my setup. Almost seems if there was a speaker or amp made they have had in their bike one time or another lol.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:31 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
I have the Moto 602's in the fairing and they will hit you in the chest at 45 mph with the mids/mid bass. I think they are a great speaker, but I know there are better out there and your ear will hear it different from mine. Unfortunately these are the only 6.5 I have experience with. Listen to Haze and Gann, they have been great helping me with my setup. Almost seems if there was a speaker or amp made they have had in their bike one time or another lol.
Yes, many speakers are made. That's why I came here to see if I can get some good recommendations. Also, I am limited by the fact that I can't expect a speaker to do it all for me.. Thanks

Old 05-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by chgofirefighter
Yes, many speakers are made. That's why I came here to see if I can get some good recommendations. Also, I am limited by the fact that I can't expect a speaker to do it all for me.. Thanks
See if u can talk Haze out of his Focal KRCs. Put those in the fairing and ur off to the races. Parallel the Hertz in the lowers with the KRCs in the fairing and put the Motos in the TP pods.

Thinking that's a damn good combo, but one of many possible solutions so keep on shaking the bushes for a while until u have had a chance to hear some of the speaks in person. Bike Nite!!!!

T.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
See if u can talk Haze out of his Focal KRCs. Put those in the fairing and ur off to the races. Parallel the Hertz in the lowers with the KRCs in the fairing and put the Motos in the TP pods.

Thinking that's a damn good combo, but one of many possible solutions so keep on shaking the bushes for a while until u have had a chance to hear some of the speaks in person. Bike Nite!!!!

T.
I believe Haze sold the KRC's last month.

Matt, considering your limited to 6.5's in the fairing on the RGS the KRC's are a very good option. PM LL247 he may be able to get you a good price on them.

Last edited by Bertk; 05-05-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

CFF, when you get your lowers and speaker boxes, I would throw the Titans in there since you already have them!! They sound really good in the small speaker enclosure on the lowers! The snare drum really pops at least it does on my sled, they compliment my Focal KPS component's I have in the fairing! At least if you try something else in there you will have something to compare them with!!

Old 05-05-2016, 09:16 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
a 6.5 speaker is not really designed to produce bass -- they are midranges or midbass speakers, so you have to be realistic in your expectations. Especially considering that the louder you play a 6.5 speaker the worse the bass it can produce will sound. So you either play a good 6.5 at moderate volumes so that it produces "some" bass, or you eliminate some bass so you can play it louder.

Me personally I have volume from my fairing.

If you run a search folks have uploaded videos with various speakers and reviews with regard to sound quality vs. volume vs. bass
Haze, what are you running in your lowers these days?

Old 05-05-2016, 09:59 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
Haze, what are you running in your lowers these days?
Not Focals! Lol sold them a few weeks ago.

Quick Reply: 6.5 Speakers with good bass?