Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 CVO Limited Upgrade help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 03:45 PM
realred04
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 CVO Limited Upgrade help

I will tell you right off the bat I am not audio savvy. I don't understand a lot of the lingo. I have a 2015 CVO Limited. It has the Boom Audio system. I am looking to upgrade to a louder (Not rock concert loud) system. I have heard the Boom Audio II at the dealership and am happy with a system along those lines. I have received different opinions on what I can and can't do and what I need or don't need. Hoping to get some help here.
I plan on removing my tour pack and will ride without it about 80-90% of the time. I asked if I could just buy the Boom II speakers for he fairing and be good to go. I have been told I cannot because I will have to buy an amp for the rear speakers on the tour pack or the system will not work properly. Don't want to upgrade speakers in tour pack because it will not be on the bike the majority of the time. If I have to upgrade everything then I may as well leave the tour pack on.
I am sure there are others out there who have upgraded their systems. I am looking for suggestions. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:08 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Sense the Boom II came out I think I've seen two or three satisfied customers. Most Boom II users come here and complain that they just spent $2000+ and there system sounds like crap. Or they request help because Harley can figure out how to make it work. The only thing we can do is suggest replacing it with aftermarket audio equipment. So the best recommendation is to stay away form the Boom stuff.

There are a lot of very good aftermarket options which have been proven to work by members here on the forum that have actually used the equipment. And usually at significant savings.

Here are a couple of questions that will help us make recommendations.
Do you plan on doing the install yourself?
What type of music do you listen to?
We pretty much know what your budget is if your willing to consider the Boom II system.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:20 PM
realred04
Cruiser
Default Boom II

Originally Posted by Bertk
Sense the Boom II came out I think I've seen two or three satisfied customers. Most Boom II users come here and complain that they just spent $2000+ and there system sounds like crap. Or they request help because Harley can figure out how to make it work. The only thing we can do is suggest replacing it with aftermarket audio equipment. So the best recommendation is to stay away form the Boom stuff.

There are a lot of very good aftermarket options which have been proven to work by members here on the forum that have actually used the equipment. And usually at significant savings.

Here are a couple of questions that will help us make recommendations.
Do you plan on doing the install yourself?
What type of music do you listen to?
We pretty much know what your budget is if your willing to consider the Boom II system.
Thank you for the information. I do not plan on installing myself, not comfortable doing that type of work.
I listen to country music and classic rock
Budget. I was just using Boom II as an example meaning that my hearing is not what it used to be so high end speakers and equipment are a waste of time and money. I want something that is louder and clearer and gives me the best bang for the buck. Thanks any suggestions are appreciated.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:50 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by realred04
Thank you for the information. I do not plan on installing myself, not comfortable doing that type of work.
I listen to country music and classic rock
Budget. I was just using Boom II as an example meaning that my hearing is not what it used to be so high end speakers and equipment are a waste of time and money. I want something that is louder and clearer and gives me the best bang for the buck. Thanks any suggestions are appreciated.
If you are planing on using a motorcycle audio shop most of them usually stick to a few brands of speakers and amps. You could go talk to them and see what they suggest and let is know.

Or if you have a friend that is handy working under the fairing you could purchase a plug & play system such as what Biketronics offers and install it in a day. The Biketronics systems are probably the best plug & play, bang for the buck system out there that offer excellent service and a lifetime warranty.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:24 AM
realred04
Cruiser

Thanks Bert I will look into Biketronics.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:13 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Yeah give them a call and let us know what you decide.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:22 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Brotha, look hard into the Biketronics amp package as the install is designed for cave men. I should know.
From there u can find some very good quality bang for your buck speaks to keep u on budget.

With all the money u save on the install costs, you could even put that cash towards a higher $$$$ speaker budget.

Seriously Brotha, we will provide all the moral support possible during the install process and at the end of the day it will be a pretty damn rewarding install for you.

T.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:35 PM
GibsonSG
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Do the CVO Limiteds run two amps to power the 6 speaker setup or one 4 channel with rear splitter, or one 4 channel to the rears and the fairing speakers direct from the HU?

I've got a 2015 Limited that I spend a lot of time with the Tour-Pak removed and want lid speakers but I don't want the lid speakers and Tour-Pak speakers to be mutually exclusive but I also want to limit some of the cost (eg two amps).

Old 08-18-2016, 10:49 AM
14CVOult
Intermediate

If you add the speakers to the saddle bag lids like I did with the boom audio system they add another amp in the saddle bag in addition to the one in the fairing

Old 08-18-2016, 11:23 AM
GibsonSG
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm thinking that I'll run the front fairing speakers and bag lid speakers from the amp and run the tour-pak speakers directly from the head unit...that way my only amp (cost) is in the fairing (security).

I'm assuming the downside to this setup is that the tour-pak speakers won't have much oomph to them, but I ride with it (tour-pak) less than 20% of the time anyway.

...or am I over-simplifying this?

Quick Reply: 2015 CVO Limited Upgrade help