Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using the TWK AND LOVING IT!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 09:44 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

JL is the best. Hit me up on PM if you want me to get u one. There's a steep learning curve to DSP's. Another option and it's what we do with roadkings is run an external EQ.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:22 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 387 Posts

I'm ready to take the next step but looking for some info with the dsp's.

Incorporating a DSP into a system using a stock Rushmore HU does it have 2 settings to use for the on and off bin files?
Or will it compensate for the bin file changes when running or in aux position?

I have done some research but al the answers I found were clear as mud.

Can some one full the void in my head with some info?
Thanks

Old 02-22-2017, 04:37 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy

Incorporating a DSP into a system using a stock Rushmore HU does it have 2 settings to use for the on and off bin files?

Thanks
The dsi1 from DD is only one I know of on market TODAY that does OEM integration without needed any seperate add ons. The Arc psm will also oem intergrate but still not on shelves yet. Be any day soon but not yet.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:40 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

The Arc will be preset where the DD would need a learning setup then no matter what the input is the output should be the same. Normally program ign off but I could be incorrect.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:59 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
After seeing how little space that takes up on a tourpack I don't know why more folks won't put some amps in their packs. It opens up so many possibilities. I'll have some more details on these TwK's when I get back home next week. Hopefully a thread review with pics and software.

T is the 2017 going to be ready for Daytona? We might make a few slight changes when I get home next week and have acces to some items I can send u. Would love for that beast to be part of our line up in Daytona.
Taking the 2017 north tomorrow to have a 126" engine shoved in it, back mid-end of next week. Should have enough time to get audio set in it. Let me know when your back and we can do whatever on audio on this thing. Everything is in and sitting in the shop

Old 02-22-2017, 05:15 PM
tesnevo
Club Member

Originally Posted by Babyboy

Thanks
Any and ALL dsp's will do the same thing, only in a different way. No matter the signal input is, you have a wide array of adjustability to create any sound you want. Bin files do not matter PERIOD! As long as your speakers are turned on via flash (2 speaker or 4 or whatever) You will have to feed the TWK with 2 line out converters. The best I've found so far are the David Navone ones. I've done a small write up on here.
There's no aux position or on to worry about. Simply put, when the head unit is playing the DSP is doing what it was programmed to do and that play music the way you set it up.
Way simpler than it seems. As haze said there is a learning curve BUT there is a simple way to set it up and use the regular eq until you learn a parametric eq.
You can download the software from JL and play with it. It has a simulation mode for doing just that.
It's when you really get into the full blown tweaking of the TWK that it's a learning process.
These DSP units are amazing, as will be the ones forthcoming.

If your wanting an easier DSP that's a self contained unit and with external eq control, look at the audiocontrol DSP-61. I've personally installed these, per recommendation, and it's all in all a great unit. Takes speaker level inputs directly. The only issue is size, wide but flat. Works fine in tourpacks

Last edited by tesnevo; 02-22-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:17 PM
tesnevo
Club Member

Originally Posted by slyedog
The dsi1 from DD is only one I know of on market TODAY that does OEM integration without needed any seperate add ons. The Arc psm will also oem intergrate but still not on shelves yet. Be any day soon but not yet.
Can't wait to get a hold of the arc. I've been testing an audio control that is a new 2017 model yet to hit the market. It's phenomenal but too big for sled use.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 387 Posts

Thanks Slye and Tes for the replies.

That cleared things up. As for placement limitations (limited room under the hood )and functionality it looks like I need to throw the brakes on for a little while till these new products come out and save up some more cash.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:56 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,431 Likes on 21,387 Posts

Xxxxxxxxx

Last edited by lionsm13; 04-23-2020 at 08:03 AM.