Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockford Fosgate Joins HD Forums

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Rockford Fosgate
Platinum Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Rockford Fosgate Joins HD Forums

Hi Fanatics!

Just wanted to pop-in and introduce Rockford Fosgate. We're a long-time subscriber of HD Forums and now a proud sponsor! Our team has enjoyed reading real-world experiences of audio products on Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

I'm Eric Russell, and I'll be the primary representative who will monitor/contribute to your forum group regarding Rockford Fosgate motorcycle audio. I'll do my best to handle technical issues, including research, raising issues with our engineering team, or point you in the right direction.

If you're new to motorcycle audio, we have a great Knowledge Base with a growing motorcycle article repository to help you overcome noise and wiring issues on bikes. We've also partnered with a great fabricator, Paul Yaffe and his team at Bagger Nation, to create a 6-video series that walks DIY installers through a "House Party" audio system.

Rockford Fosgate Knowledge Base (articles/ask a question)
6 Video Series Installing a Bagger Nation House Party Audio System

Last edited by Rockford Fosgate; 06-11-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockford Fosgate
Hi Fanatics!

Just wanted to pop-in and introduce Rockford Fosgate. We're a long-time subscriber of HD Forums and now a proud sponsor! Our team has enjoyed reading real-world experiences of audio products on Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

I'm Eric Russell, and I'll be the primary representative who will monitor/contribute to your forum group regarding Rockford Fosgate motorcycle audio. I'll do my best to handle technical issues, including research, raising issues with our engineering team, or point you in the right direction.

If you're new to motorcycle audio, we have a great Knowledge Base with a growing motorcycle article repository to help you overcome noise and wiring issues on bikes. We've also partnered with a great fabricator, Paul Yaffe and his team at Bagger Nation, to create a 6-video series that walks DIY installers through a "House Party" audio system.

Rockford Fosgate Knowledge Base (articles/ask a question)
6 Video Series Installing a Bagger Nation House Party Audio System
This is awesome. I have a few questions that I would like to get insight on. I was always told by installers and guys here in Atlanta that the PBR300x2 amp overheats and cuts out on Road Glides and Road Glides only. Well, of course I didnt believe it because I have heard so many on this forum speak so highly of it. Well, lo and behold, I have a road glide and after about 300 miles of riding, the amp started clipping regardless of the gain setting. The speakers are Infinity Kappa 62.11i. Took the amp out and replaced it with a JL XD400/4. Have you heard of this phenomenon? Maybe you should contact some local shops in Atlanta to verify this. Your thoughts???

Old 06-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Gearheaddrew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome..

Been running the t165/t1692 combo for a couple months now and am very happy!!

I would like to recommend a More powerful 4 channel PBR!!

Old 06-11-2014, 06:12 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Welcome to forum great to have you!

Old 06-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Rockford Fosgate
Platinum Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Eshaw301,

Yes, we've heard of isolated incidents with both addressed below:

We know of some configurations where the amplifier was "stacked" on top of the radio. Since heat rises ... heat generated from the radio rises-up into the amplifier. Once the fairing is replaced the amplifier has little space to dissipate it's own generated heat because of it's top mounted location. It's best to mount the amplifier down lower in the fairing with the heat-sink fins running vertical causing a "chimney effect". There are a couple HD accessory companies that build a heat-sink mounting shield that directly bolt to the PBR amplifier and provides extra heat dissipation.

We also encountered a handful of installations where speakers of inadequate power handling were used. Over time, the amplifier starts to damage the voice coils of the speakers (it's over powering them) and can intermittently "short-out" (which can be described as shutting off or clipping). We have since implemented a more robust protection circuit to accommodate for various speaker installations. Always match the RMS power output of an amplifier with a speaker that can handle that power. With the PBR300X4, be sure to use aftermarket speakers rated at 4-ohms.

With power being in high demand on motorcycles with loud exhaust or confined spaces, we recently released POWER series amplifiers that incorporate dual fans. These amplifiers can be viewed at http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/motorsports

Old 06-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Gearheaddrew
Cruiser

Thanks for the reply I would be happy to beta test one of the power series amps for you in Michigan providing it utilizes the same connections as my existing PBR...

Old 06-11-2014, 08:12 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome aboard !! You sure are talked about well here !!

Old 06-11-2014, 08:55 PM
roadking40
3rd Gear

Guys, thanks for the replies. We are super excited to be part of the forum. I have been an HDForum member since 2006 and an avid Harley guy since 1994. Mr Russell keeps tabs on the forum and can provide you solid feedback and info on our products and applications. A lot of guys at the company ride and are "super users" of our product. We welcome all feedback and suggestions. Ride safe, but ride LOUD! Bill Jackson, CEO/Pres, Rockford.

The following users liked this post:
SgtDuckyBoy (06-28-2017)
Old 06-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is totally cool. Welcome aboard!

Old 06-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer

Welcome aboard! We will be glad to have another Company in the " Bike Tunes" industry to give their opinions and facts to help us. Looking forward to reading and learning more.

Quick Reply: Rockford Fosgate Joins HD Forums